Weiner at TechCrunch 2013
February 21, 1970|
New York City, New York, United States
|Residence||California, United States|
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania, B.S (1992)|
|Occupation||CEO of LinkedIn|
|Website||Jeff Weiner on LinkedIn|
Jeffrey "Jeff" Weiner (born February 21, 1970) is an American businessman. He is the chief executive officer (CEO) of LinkedIn, a business-related social networking website. He started with LinkedIn on December 15, 2008, as Interim President. Weiner played an instrumental role in LinkedIn's acquisition by Microsoft for $26 billion in June 2016.
Early life and education
Weiner served in various leadership roles at Yahoo for over seven years beginning in 2001, most recently as the Executive Vice President of Yahoo's Network Division. As EVP of Yahoo, he led a team of over 3,000 employees, managing products reaching over 500 million consumers. While serving Yahoo’s Network Division, he was part of the Search leadership team that directed the acquisition and integration of Inktomi, AltaVista, and FAST as well as the development of Yahoo Search Technology.
He has worked at Warner Bros. as Vice President of Warner Bros. Online, developing its initial business plan. He was an Executive-in-Residence for leading venture capital firms Accel Partners and Greylock Partners.
In 2016, Weiner received media attention for donating his $14 million stock bonus to the pool for LinkedIn employees following a drop in share price.
- Eadicicco, Lisa. "LinkedIn CEO: Here's Why I Sold the Company to Microsoft". Time. Retrieved 2017-08-02.
- LinkedIn management
- Farnsworth, Meghann (2016-11-15). "Watch our interview with LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner live". Recode. Retrieved 2017-08-02.
- "Jeff Weiner". CNBC. Retrieved 7 November 2011.[permanent dead link]
- Sterling, Greg (17 June 2008). "Yahoo Loses Jeff Weiner But Probably Won't Replace Him". Search Engine Land.
- Lashinsky, Adam (24 July 2014). "Lessons from Jeff Weiner, LinkedIn's Networker-in-Chief". Fortune (magazine).
- Swisher, Kara (26 June 2008). "As BoomTown Already Said, Weiner Moves to Accel and Greylock". All Things Digital.
- Fass, Alisson. "LinkedIn Wins Entrepreneur of the Year." Inc.com. N.p., 14 Nov. 2011. Web. 07 Apr. 2015. <http://www.inc.com/articles/201111/linkedin-reid-hoffman-jeff-weiner-wins-entrepreneur-of-the-year-award.html>.
- McCafferty, Dennis (April 8, 2014). "The Top 10 CEOs at U.S. Tech Companies". 1 (first place).
- Kokalitcheva, Kia. "LinkedIn's CEO Is Donating His $14 Million Stock Bonus Employees". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-08-09.
- Jeff Weiner profile at Business Insider
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner at Forbes
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner Talks About Growth at All Things Digital
- Can Jeff Weiner Realize LinkedIn’s Full Potential? at BusinessWeek
- Jeff Weiner Profile at CNBC
- Profile at World of CEOs DOSSIER
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner on Connecting Talent with Opportunity
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jeff Weiner.|