Jeffrey S. Yass is an options trader, managing director and one of the five founders of the Philadelphia-based Susquehanna International Group. In 2001 he was named one of 76 Revolutionary Minds by Philadelphia magazine and joined the Board of Directors of the Cato Institute.
Yass has served on the board of trustees of Save the Children since 1987 and has served on the board's Executive Committee and chaired its Marketing and Development Committee.
The Yass family has hosted numerous events of the greater Philadelphia area to introduce and advance the organization's work. He and his wife Janine are supporters at People's Emergency Center (PEC) Families First building and are also committee members and supporters of the Franklin Institute's Franklin Family Funfest Committee.
In December, 2001, following the aftermath of the September 11 attacks, he announced a donation to the charitable fund established by The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to assist the victims of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center. Yass also lends his coaching and mentoring skills as an Advisory Board Member at the Spirit of Golf Foundation (SGF).
- "Million-Dollar Donors in the 2016 Presidential Race". New York Times. 25 August 2015. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "Save the Children Presents Distinguished Service Awards to Trustees Jeffrey Yass". Trustees Saluted. Save the Children. April 10, 2001. Retrieved 2006-09-15.
- "Board of Directors". Cato Institute. 2006. Archived from the original on August 17, 2005. Retrieved 2006-09-15.
- Segal, Geoffrey F.; Samuel R. Staley (September–October 2002). "News Notes" (PDF). CATO Policy Report (Cato Institute). p. 13. Retrieved 2006-09-15.
- Jordan, Sarah (November 2001). "76 Revolutionary Minds". Philadelphia Magazine. Retrieved 2006-09-15.
- "Franklin Family Funfest" (PDF). 7th Annual Franklin Family Funfest. Franklin Institute. October 22, 2004. Retrieved 2006-09-15.[dead link]
- "Port authority establishes world trade center memorial fund to aid victims and their families". Port Authority of NY and NJ. September 29, 2001. Archived from the original on October 10, 2007. Retrieved 2006-09-15.
- "SGF Advisory Board Members". Spirit of Golf Foundation. 2006. Archived from the original on 2006-05-14. Retrieved 2006-09-15.
- "Families First Contributors". People's Emergency Center (PEC). 2006. Retrieved 2006-09-15.