1971 (age 45–46)
|Occupation||Editorial Director, CEO Publisher and Creative Director|
Jefferson Hack (June 1971) is the maverick CEO and Co-Founder of Dazed Media, an independent media company renowned for producing award-winning stories across its industry leading print, digital and video brands. The company’s portfolio includes some of the world’s most influential titles including luxury fashion and lifestyle bi-annuals AnOther Magazine and Another Man; bi-monthly youth fashion and culture magazine Dazed, and websites Anothermag.com and Dazeddigital.com, in addition to white label creative wing Dazed Media Studio. Hack who has previously served as Editor of these titles is also Co-Founder of global video channel NOWNESS.
In 1991 at the age of 19 Hack founded Dazed with photographer Rankin while a student at London College of Printing. Early cover stars profiled by Hack included Björk, Thom Yorke and David Bowie. In 2001 Hack launched luxury bi-annuals AnOther Magazine which has featured Hollywood cover stars including Natalie Portman, Tilda Swinton, Jodie Foster, Marion Cottillard and Scarlett Johannson. In 2005 Hack co-founded men’s style bible Another Man. Cover stars have included Joaquin Phoenix, Keith Richards, Tom Ford and Willem Dafoe.
In 2006 Hack launched dazeddigital.com, later launching anothermag.com in 2009.
In 2013, Hack launched Dazed White Label, the creative agency wing of Dazed Group, which specialises in making digital, video, print, events and social media for brands, and Dazed Vision, the group’s video arm, to develop, produce and commission long-form video content. Dazed & Confused was rebranded as simply Dazed in spring 2014.
Hack has worked with musicians such as Bjork and as creative consultant of U2. In 2015 he worked with Rihanna on a project with Alexander McQueen and AnOther Magazine that resulted in the world’s first digital cover magazine and in 2015 with fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld which resulted in the world's first handcrafted hologram fashion magazine cover.
Hack has edited multiple books including Star Culture (Phaidon Press, 2000); Another Portrait Book (Steidl 2009); Another Fashion Book (Steidl, 2009); Another Art Book (Steidl, 2010); Dazed and Confused: Making It Up As We Go Along (Rizzoli, 2011),Another Man: Men’s Style Stories (Rizzoli, 2014) and We Can’t Do this Alone: Jefferson Hack the System (Rizzoli, 2016).
Hack is a seasoned speaker at conferences including Web Summit, Wired and Mediacom Beyond Advertising and is a prominent supporter of humanitarian and environmental charities most notably, an advocate for Crisis Action and Parlay for the Oceans. He is a member of the British Fashion Council’s Menswear Committee supporting London Fashion Week Men’s and London SHOW Rooms in Paris
- 1991–Present: Co-founder of Dazed (formerly Dazed & Confused)
- 2001–Present: Co-founder of AnOther Magazine
- 2005–Present: Co-founder of Another Man
- 2006–Present: Co-founder of Dazed Digital]
- 2009–Present: Co-founder of AnOthermag.com
- 2010–Present: Creative Director of Nowness
- 2012–Present: Co-founder and Creative Director of MAD Agency London
- 2012–Present: Creative Consultant of Tod’s No_Code, part of Tod’s mainline
- 2013–Present: Founder of Dazed Media Studio
- 2013–Present: Founder of Dazed Vision
Hack was born in Montevideo, Uruguay and educated at Pangbourne College. He lived for much of his childhood and teenage years in Cliffsend, Kent. He is the ex-boyfriend of Kate Moss and father of their daughter, Lila Grace Moss-Hack. He lives in east London.
- Star Culture, The “Dazed and Confused” Collected Interviews, Mark Sanders, Jefferson Hack. Phaidon Press, 2000. ISBN 0714839558
- RankinWorks. Kate Moss, Oliviero Toscani, Liz Farrelly and Jefferson Hack, Booth-Clibborn Editions, 2002. ISBN 1861541619
- Another Fashion Book. Jefferson Hack. Steidl, 2009. ISBN 386521729X
- Another Art Book. Jefferson Hack. Steidl, 2011. ISBN 3865218601
- Dazed and Confused: Making It Up As We Go Along. Ingrid Sischy, Jefferson Hack, Rankin and Jo-Ann Furniss. Rizzoli International Publications, 2012. ISBN 0847836924
- Kate: The Kate Moss Book. Kate Moss, Fabien Baron, Jess Hallett, Jefferson Hack. Rizzoli International Publications, 2012. ISBN 0847837904
- Another Man: Men's Style Stories. Alister Mackie, Jefferson Hack, Ben Cobb. Rizzoli International Publications 2014. ISBN 9780847843275
- We Can’t Do this Alone: Jefferson Hack the System Jefferson Hack. Rizzoli International Publications 2016. ISBN 978-0847847433
- What's Next? - The Future of the Photography Museum, Curators: Lauren Cornell, Jefferson Hack, Erik Kessels, Alison Nordström. Foam Fotografiemuseum Amsterdam, Amsterdam, 5 November – 7 December 2011.
- 20 Years of Dazed & Confused Magazine: Making it Up As We Go Along, Curators: Jefferson Hack, Emma Reeves. Somerset House, London, 4 November 2011 – 29 January 2012