|Born||1971 (age 45–46)
|Residence||East London, England|
|Occupation||Co-Founder, Editorial Director, CEO, Publisher and Creative Director|
Jefferson Hack (born 1971) is the CEO and co-founder of Dazed Media, an independent media company that produces stories across its print, digital and video brands. The company’s portfolio includes fashion bi-annuals Another Magazine and Another Man; bi-monthly youth fashion and culture magazine Dazed, and websites Anothermag.com, Dazeddigital.com and Anothermanmag.com in addition to white label creative wing Dazed Studio. Hack, who previously served as Editor of these titles, is also co-founder of global video channel Nowness.
In 1991, at the age of 19, Hack founded Dazed with photographer Rankin while a student at London College of Printing. In 2001 Hack launched luxury bi-annual Another Magazine. In 2005 Hack co-founded men’s style bi-annual Another Man.
In 2010 Hack co-founded Nowness, an independent luxury lifestyle video channel in partnership with LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton. In 2017 Dazed Media and Modern Media formed a joint venture titled Modern Dazed and acquired a majority stake in Nowness.
In 2013, Hack launched Dazed White Label, the creative agency wing of Dazed Media, which makes digital, video, print, events and social media for brands, and Dazed Vision, the group’s video arm, to develop, produce and commission long-form video content. Dazed & Confused was rebranded as Dazed in spring 2014.
Hack has worked with Bjork and as creative consultant to U2. In 2015 he worked with Rihanna on a project with Alexander McQueen and Another Magazine that resulted in the world’s first digital cover magazine and in 2015 with fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld which resulted in the world's first handcrafted hologram fashion magazine cover.
Hack has edited multiple books including Star Culture (Phaidon Press, 2000); Another Portrait Book (Steidl, 2009); Another Fashion Book (Steidl, 2009); Another Art Book (Steidl, 2010); Dazed and Confused: Making It Up As We Go Along (Rizzoli, 2011), Another Man: Men's Style Stories (Rizzoli, 2014) and We Can’t Do this Alone: Jefferson Hack the System (Rizzoli, 2016).
Hack has spoken at Web Summit, Wired and Mediacom Beyond Advertising conferences. He signed his name to a public letter by Refugee Action and supported Parlay for the Oceans during the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference. He is a member of the British Fashion Council’s Menswear Committee supporting London Fashion Week Men’s and London Show Rooms in Paris. He was considered as an international expert on the LVMH prize committee.
- 1991–Present: Co-founder of Dazed (formerly Dazed & Confused)
- 2001–Present: Co-founder of Another Magazine
- 2005–Present: Co-founder of Another Man
- 2006–Present: Co-founder of Dazed Digital
- 2009–Present: Co-founder of AnOthermag.com
- 2010–Present: Creative Director of Nowness
- 2012–Present: Co-founder and Creative Director of MAD Agency London
- 2012–Present: Creative Consultant of Tod’s No_Code, part of Tod’s mainline
- 2013–Present: Founder of Dazed Media Studio
- 2013–Present: Founder of Dazed Vision
Hack was born in Montevideo, Uruguay and educated at Pangbourne College. He lived for much of his childhood and teenage years in Cliffsend, Kent. He is the ex-boyfriend of Kate Moss and father of their daughter, Lila Grace Moss-Hack. He lives in East London.
- Star Culture, The “Dazed and Confused” Collected Interviews. By Mark Sanders and Hack. Phaidon Press, 2000. ISBN 0714839558.
- RankinWorks. By Kate Moss, Oliviero Toscani, Liz Farrelly, and Hack. Booth-Clibborn, 2002. ISBN 1861541619.
- Another Fashion Book. By Hack. Steidl, 2009. ISBN 386521729X.
- Another Art Book. By Hack. Steidl, 2011. ISBN 3865218601.
- Dazed and Confused: Making It Up As We Go Along. By Ingrid Sischy and Hack, Rankin and Jo-Ann Furniss. Rizzoli, 2012. ISBN 0847836924.
- Kate: The Kate Moss Book. By Kate Moss, Fabien Baron, Jess Hallett, and Hack. Rizzoli, 2012. ISBN 0847837904.
- Another Man: Men's Style Stories. By Alister Mackie, Hack, Ben Cobb. Rizzoli, 2014. ISBN 9780847843275.
- We Can’t Do this Alone: Jefferson Hack the System By Hack. Rizzoli, 2016. ISBN 978-0847847433.
Exhibitions curated by Hack and others
- What's Next? - The Future of the Photography Museum, Foam Fotografiemuseum Amsterdam, Amsterdam, 5 November – 7 December 2011. Curated by Lauren Cornell, Hack, Erik Kessels, and Alison Nordström.
- 20 Years of Dazed & Confused Magazine: Making it Up As We Go Along, Somerset House, London, 4 November 2011 – 29 January 2012. Curated by Hack and Emma Reeves.
- "Dazed Media - Discover Dazed Media's Company Page - The Business of Fashion". www.businessoffashion.com.
- "Cultural Blog/Website".
- Conway, Clare. "A Life in the Day: Jefferson Hack, co-founder of Dazed & Confused".
- "10 Men's High-Fashion Magazines You Should Knowanothermag". Complex UK.
- "Dazed wants to help brands build 'wonderful creative' as it repositions as Dazed Media".
- "The Observer Profile: Jefferson Hack - Comment - The Observer". www.theguardian.com.
- "DazedDigital.com to launch Blog Awards - Leads - News - Fashion Jobs, News, Business, apparel industry platform, Fashion New York, Los Angeles, Miami". www.fashionunited.com.
- "Dazed to launch new men's fashion biannual in autumn".
- "Jefferson Hack". showstudio.com.
- Marfil, Lorelei (12 June 2017). "Another Man Launches Web Site".
- "Ian Burrell: The multi-tasking Jefferson Hack reveals how he keeps". 25 November 2013.
- "News Bites - Modern Dazed Acquires Nowness Stake, Kérastase On-Demand, Elie Top Online". 15 May 2017.
- "Subscribe to read". Financial Times.
- "Jefferson Hack: 'The future of fashion is full of jeopardy'".
- "Hacking Print: Dazed's Jefferson Hack talks tech and bringing Rihanna to life on the cover of AnOther".
- "AnOther Mag releases hologram cover featuring Karl Lagerfeld for its 15th anniversary". 9 March 2016.
- Arthur, Rachel. "Fashion And Tech Is Latest Content Focus For Web Summit, Says CEO Paddy Cosgrave".
- Clark, Liat. "Björk: how Android is helping us take Biophilia to the masses - Wired 2013 video".
- "Highlights from MediaCom's salon at SxSW :: MediaCom".
- "Public figures join Refugee Action's call for the UK to help more Syrian refugees - Refugee Action". www.refugee-action.org.uk.
- "PARLEY x COP21". PARLEY.
- "British Fashion Council". www.londonshowrooms.co.uk.
- "British Fashion Council". www.britishfashioncouncil.co.uk.
- "The international experts - LVMH Prize".
- "Foam Gallery: What's Next?". Dazed. 31 October 2011.
- "Dazed 20th Anniversary Somerset House Exhibition". Dazed. 1 November 2011.