Jefferson Township, Adams County, Ohio
|Jefferson Township, Adams County, Ohio|
Approaching Blue Creek
Location in Adams County and the state of Ohio.
|• Total||43.1 sq mi (111.7 km2)|
|• Land||43.1 sq mi (111.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||640 ft (195 m)|
|• Density||24/sq mi (9.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085678|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Meigs Township - north
- Brush Creek Township, Scioto County - northeast
- Nile Township, Scioto County - southeast
- Green Township - south
- Brush Creek Township - west
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- Lloyd Estel Copas, American country music singer, better known by his stage name, Cowboy Copas
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Jefferson township, Adams County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- Evans, Nelson Wiley (1900). A History of Adams County, Ohio: From Its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time. E B. Stivers. p. 428.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.