Jefferson Township, Carroll County, Indiana
Location of Jefferson Township in Carroll County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||31.7 sq mi (82 km2)|
|• Land||30.67 sq mi (79.4 km2)|
|• Water||1.03 sq mi (2.7 km2)|
|Elevation||673 ft (205 m)|
|• Density||70.5/sq mi (27.2/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453480|
Jefferson Township was organized in 1836.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 31.7 square miles (82 km2), of which 30.67 square miles (79.4 km2) (or 96.75%) is land and 1.03 square miles (2.7 km2) (or 3.25%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Breezy Point
- C and C Beach
- Lower Sunset Park
- Roth Park
- Sandy Beach
- Scarlet Oaks
- Terrace Bay
- Upper Sunset Park
- Walnut Gardens
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Lincoln Township, White County (northeast)
- Adams (east)
- Tippecanoe (south)
- Prairie Township, White County (southwest)
- Big Creek Township, White County (west)
- Union Township, White County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Schock and Yeoman.
- "Jefferson Township, Carroll County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Odell, John Curtis (1916). History of Carroll County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 85.