Jefferson Township, Crawford County, Ohio
|Jefferson Township, Crawford County, Ohio|
Fields south of North Robinson
Location of Jefferson Township (red) in Crawford County, next to the city of Crestline (yellow)
|• Total||18.9 sq mi (49.0 km2)|
|• Land||18.8 sq mi (48.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,112 ft (339 m)|
|• Density||84/sq mi (32.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085940|
Jefferson Township is one of the sixteen townships of Crawford County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census there were 1,576 people living in the township, 1,515 of whom were in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Sandusky Township - north
- Vernon Township - northeast
- Jackson Township - east
- Polk Township - south
- Whetstone Township - west
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Jefferson township, Crawford County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 3, 2015.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Jefferson township, Jefferson township, Crawford County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 3, 2015.
- History of Crawford County and Ohio. Baskin & Battey. 1881. p. 636.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.