Jefferson Township, Elkhart County, Indiana
Location of Jefferson Township in Elkhart County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.02 sq mi (90.7 km2)|
|• Land||34.88 sq mi (90.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.14 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||833 ft (254 m)|
|• Density||277.7/sq mi (107.2/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453483|
Jefferson Township is one of sixteen townships in Elkhart County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 9,688, up 3,143 from 6,545 in 2000, the largest numeric increase of any of the 16 townships in Elkhart County over that timespan.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.02 square miles (90.7 km2), of which 34.88 square miles (90.3 km2) (or 99.60%) is land and 0.14 square miles (0.36 km2) (or 0.40%) is water.
- Washington Township (north)
- York Township (northeast)
- Middlebury Township (east)
- Clinton Township (southeast)
- Elkhart Township (south)
- Concord Township (west)
The township contains four cemeteries: Cornell, Morris, Neff and Pine Creek.
- "Jefferson Township, Elkhart County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Elkhart County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|