Jefferson Township, Grant County, Indiana
Location of Jefferson Township in Grant County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||41.9 sq mi (109 km2)|
|• Land||41.76 sq mi (108.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.14 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.33%|
|Elevation||899 ft (274 m)|
|• Density||139.8/sq mi (54.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453484|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 41.9 square miles (109 km2), of which 41.76 square miles (108.2 km2) (or 99.67%) is land and 0.14 square miles (0.36 km2) (or 0.33%) is water. Lakes in this township include Dollar Lake. The streams of Branch Creek, Cane Run, Crawford Creek, Lake Branch, Mat Run, Round Run and Upland Drain run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Monroe Township (north)
- Washington Township, Blackford County (northeast)
- Licking Township, Blackford County (east)
- Washington Township, Delaware County (south)
- Fairmount Township (west)
- Mill Township (northwest)
The township contains one cemetery, Shiloh.
- "Jefferson Township, Grant County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
|This Grant County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|