Jefferson Township, Huntington County, Indiana
Location in Huntington County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.2 sq mi (94 km2)|
|• Land||35.94 sq mi (93.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.26 sq mi (0.7 km2) 0.72%|
|Elevation||846 ft (258 m)|
|• Density||21.1/sq mi (8.1/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453487|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.2 square miles (94 km2), of which 35.94 square miles (93.1 km2) (or 99.28%) is land and 0.26 square miles (0.67 km2) (or 0.72%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Mount Etna (southeast quarter)
- Lancaster Township (north)
- Rock Creek Township (northeast)
- Salamonie Township (east)
- Jackson Township, Wells County (southeast)
- Van Buren Township, Grant County (south)
- Washington Township, Grant County (southwest)
- Wayne Township (west)
- Polk Township (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Purviance and Taylor.
- "Jefferson Township, Huntington County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Huntington County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Brant & Fuller. 1887. p. 674.
- Bash, Frank Sumner (1914). History of Huntington County, Indiana: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People, and Its Principal Interests. The Lewis Publishing Company. p. 103.