Jefferson Township, Miami County, Indiana
Location in Miami County
|Named for||Thomas Jefferson|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||32.57 sq mi (84.4 km2)|
|• Land||32.18 sq mi (83.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.39 sq mi (1.0 km2) 1.20%|
|Elevation||702 ft (214 m)|
|• Density||75/sq mi (29/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46926, 46958, 46970|
|GNIS feature ID||0453490|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 32.57 square miles (84.4 km2), of which 32.18 square miles (83.3 km2) (or 98.80%) is land and 0.39 square miles (1.0 km2) (or 1.20%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these five cemeteries: Courter, Eel River Chapel, Green Lawn, Koontz and Westlawn.
Airports and landing strips
- Peru Municipal Airport
- North Miami Community Schools
- Indiana's 5th congressional district
- State House District 23
- State House District 24
- State Senate District 18
- "Jefferson Township, Miami County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Bodurtha , Arthur Lawrence (1914). History of Miami County, Indiana: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People and Its Principal Interests. Lewis Pub. p. 132.
- History of Miami County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Brant & Fuller. 1887. p. 659.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Jefferson Township
|Adams Township, Cass County||Richland Township|
|Miami Township, Cass County||Peru Township|