Jefferson Township, Morgan County, Indiana
Location in Morgan County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.61 sq mi (92.2 km2)|
|• Land||34.97 sq mi (90.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.64 sq mi (1.7 km2) 1.80%|
|Elevation||620 ft (189 m)|
|• Density||93.6/sq mi (36.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||46151, 46166|
|GNIS feature ID||453491|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.61 square miles (92.2 km2), of which 34.97 square miles (90.6 km2) (or 98.20%) is land and 0.64 square miles (1.7 km2) (or 1.80%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these six cemeteries: Bethlehem, Foster, Hynds, Mount Gilead, Schultz and Stout.
- Metropolitan School District of Martinsville Schools
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 47
- State Senate District 37
- "Jefferson Township, Morgan County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.