|Location||9000 East Jefferson Avenue
|Top floor||98.2 m (322 ft)|
|Design and construction|
The Jeffersonian Apartments is a large apartment building at 9000 East Jefferson Avenue, on the near-east side of Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1965, primarily of glass and steel in the international architecture style, it stands 30 stories and contains 412 residential units. The site is close to the MacArthur Bridge and Belle Isle. As the building is situated on a steep slope, the Jefferson Avenue entrance is 17 feet higher than the back entrance along the Detroit River.
The building is zoned to Detroit Public Schools
- Hill, Eric J. and John Gallagher (2002). AIA Detroit: The American Institute of Architects Guide to Detroit Architecture. Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-3120-3.
- Meyer, Katherine Mattingly and Martin C.P. McElroy with Introduction by W. Hawkins Ferry, Hon A.I.A. (1980). Detroit Architecture A.I.A. Guide Revised Edition. Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-1651-4.
- Jeffersonian Apartment details at Emporis.com
- SkyscraperPage.com's Profile on the Jeffersonian Apartments
- Jeffersonian Detroit Apartments Website
|This article related to a building or structure in Detroit, Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|