Jeffersonville Township, Clark County, Indiana
The Ohio River from Jeffersonville Township
Location of Jeffersonville Township in Clark County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||26.88 sq mi (69.6 km2)|
|• Land||26.57 sq mi (68.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.31 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||492 ft (150 m)|
|• Density||2,223/sq mi (858/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453505|
Jeffersonville Township was organized in 1817.
Jeffersonville Township is governed by the Jeffersonville Township Trustee's office. The current Jeffersonville Trustee is Dale Popp. The Trustee works with a three-person Trustee Advisory Board that consist of Phil Ellis, Josh Waddell, and Shirley Bell.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 26.88 square miles (69.6 km2), of which 26.57 square miles (68.8 km2) (or 98.85%) is land and 0.31 square miles (0.80 km2) (or 1.15%) is water. Brick House Pond and Silver Lakes are in this township.
Cities and towns
- Clarksville (east three-quarters)
- Jeffersonville (west three-quarters)
- Oak Park (west three-quarters)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains several cemeteries: Applegate, Civil War, Eastern (aka Chestnut Grove Cemetery), Espy, Gilmore, Grayson, Hale McBride Family, Lacassagne/Moore, McBride, McClintick, Old City, Mulberry Street and Chestnut/Market Street, St. Anthony's, Stewart, and Walnut Ridge.
- "Jeffersonville Township, Clark County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Biographical and Historical Souvenir for the Counties of Clark, Crawford, Harrison, Floyd, Jefferson, Jennings, Scott, and Washington, Indiana. Chicago Printing Company. 1889. p. 8.
- Mauk, Lois. "Clark County, Indiana Cemeteries". usgennet.org. USGenNet. Retrieved 7 September 2014.