|Born||19 February 1987|
|Occupation||Actor, writer, comedian|
Augustus Prew (m. 2018)
Jeffery Self (born February 19, 1987) is an American actor, writer, and comedian.
Self is a native of Georgia, who grew up in the South. After attending middle school, Self persuaded his parents to let him be homeschooled to avoid dealing in high school with the fact that he was gay.
Self has appeared in many television shows as a recurring, featured or guest actor and has also starred in his own show Jeffery & Cole Casserole. He has appeared on a wide range of television shows, including Search Party, Desperate Housewives, 90210, Hot In Cleveland, Torchwood, Shameless, and as Liz Lemon's cousin Randy Lemon on NBC's 30 Rock. He is the author of two humor books: Fifty Shades Of Gay and Straight People: A Spotters Guide, as well as the young adult novels A Very Very Bad Thing and Drag Teen. He co-wrote, produced, and starred in the indie horror/comedy cult hit You're Killing Me. He is represented by Avalon Entertainment and ICM. He was also the host of the MTV series, "Scream: After Dark", a talk show devoted to deleted scenes and interviews with the cast of the popular MTV horror series Scream.
Self is openly gay. On January 8, 2017, Self and his boyfriend, Augustus Prew, announced their engagement via Instagram. They were married on January 13, 2018 in Culver City, California.
- "Jeffery Self". huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- O'Donnell, Carey (14 April 2016). "Catching Up With Comedian Jeffery Self On His New Young Adult Novel 'Drag Teen'". PAPERMAG. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- Ibrahim, Banu (May 3, 2016). "Author Jeffery Self's newest novel is this summer's must-read book". AOL.com. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- "Jeffery & Cole Casserole". Logo TV. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- "Rome actor Jeffery Self to appear on NBC's '30 Rock'". Northwest Georgia News. Retrieved May 21, 2016.
- Nichols, James Michael (27 April 2016). "Jeffery Self Breaks Into The Young Adult Literary World With 'Drag Teen'". Huffington Post. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- OUT.COM Editors (16 October 2014). "Jeffery Self: Please Respect My Privacy". Out.com. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- "OUT100: Cole Escola & Jeffery Self". 11 November 2014. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- Yohannes, Alamin (June 14, 2016). "Jeffery Self Plans Facebook Live Event For LGBTQ Community". NBC News. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- Pedersen, Erik (25 May 2016). "MTV Sets 'Scream After Dark!' Aftershow Hosted By Jeffery Self". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- "OUT100: Cole Escola & Jeffery Self". Out. November 11, 2014. Retrieved January 18, 2016.
- "Instagram photo by Jeffery Self • Jan 9, 2017 at 1:15am UTC". Instagram. Retrieved January 9, 2017.
- Towle, Andy (9 January 2017). "Actor, Writer, and Facebook Talk Show Host Jeffery Self Got Engaged with the Help of a Trader Joe's Orange - Towleroad". Towleroad.com. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- Lopez, David (15 January 2018). "Actors Jeffery Self and Augustus Prew Tied the Knot!". Instinct. Retrieved 21 February 2018.