Jeffrey A. Rosen
Jeffrey A. Rosen
|38th United States Deputy Attorney General|
|Assumed office |
May 22, 2019
|Attorney General||William Barr|
|Preceded by||Rod Rosenstein|
|21st United States Deputy Secretary of Transportation|
May 18, 2017 – May 21, 2019
|Preceded by||Victor Mendez|
|General Counsel of the United States Department of Transportation|
|President||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Kirk Van Tine|
|Succeeded by||David Gribbin|
Jeffrey Adam Rosen
April 2, 1958
Boston, Massachusetts, U.S
|Education||Northwestern University (BA)|
Harvard University (JD)
Jeffrey Adam Rosen (born April 2, 1958) is an American lawyer who is the current United States Deputy Attorney General. Prior to assuming his current role, he was a senior partner at the law firm Kirkland & Ellis and was the United States Deputy Secretary of Transportation.
Rosen joined Kirkland & Ellis in 1982. He left the firm in 2003 and began working for the U.S. government. From 2003 to 2006, Rosen was general counsel at the United States Department of Transportation and acted as counsel for Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta. In 2006, Rosen moved to the Office of Management and Budget where he was general counsel and senior policy advisor until 2009. He also served as a representative of the U.S. government on the board of directors of Amtrak.
On February 19, 2019, President Donald Trump announced his intention to nominate Rosen for the position of United States Deputy Attorney General, succeeding Rod Rosenstein upon his departure from the Department of Justice. He was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on May 16 by a vote of 52–45. Rosen was sworn in on May 22, 2019.
- "PN1011 - Nomination of Jeffrey A. Rosen for Department of Transportation, 108th Congress (2003-2004)". www.congress.gov. December 9, 2003. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- "PN147 - Nomination of David James Gribbin IV for Department of Transportation, 110th Congress (2007-2008)". www.congress.gov. June 20, 2007. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- "PN102 - Nomination of Jeffrey A. Rosen to be Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Transportation, 115th Congress (2017-2018)". www.congress.gov. March 29, 2017. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- "Jeffrey A. Rosen, former general counsel at DOT, chosen by Trump for deputy secretary of agency". The Trucker. March 8, 2017.
- "Rosen, P.C., Jeffrey A." Kirkland & Ellis. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- Ambrogi, Robert (July 25, 2016). "This Week In Legal Tech: Showdown At The ABA Over Free Law And Free Sex". Above the Law.
- "Senate confirmation vote PN102". May 16, 2017. Retrieved May 17, 2017.
- "Senate confirmation vote PN526". Senate.gov. May 16, 2019. Retrieved June 15, 2019.
- Axelrod, Tal (May 22, 2019). "Jeffrey Rosen officially sworn in as deputy attorney general". The Hill. Retrieved May 22, 2019.
| United States Deputy Secretary of Transportation
| United States Deputy Attorney General
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|