Jeffrey Adams (mathematician)
Jeffrey David Adams (born 1955) is a mathematician at the University of Maryland who works on unitary representations of reductive Lie groups, and who led the project Atlas of Lie groups and representations that calculated the characters of the representations of E8. The project to calculate the representations of E8 has been compared to the Human Genome Project in scope. Together with Dan Barbasch and David Vogan, he co-authored a monograph on a geometric approach to the Langlands classification and Arthur's conjectures in the real case.
- "American Institute Of Mathematics Announces Mathmeticians Solve E8". Webwire. 19 March 2007. Retrieved 19 July 2009.
- "E8 + 248 = happy mathematicians". The Age. 20 March 2007. Retrieved 19 July 2009.
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2012-11-03.
- Home page of Jeffrey Adams
- Jeffrey Adams at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Adams, Jeffrey; Barbasch, Dan; Vogan, David A., Jr. The Langlands classification and irreducible characters for real reductive groups. Progress in Mathematics, 104. Birkhäuser Boston, Inc., Boston, MA, 1992. xii+318 pp. ISBN 0-8176-3634-X
|This article about an American mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|