Jeffrey D. Jarrett
Jeffrey D. Jarrett was the Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy within the United States Department of Energy, from his swearing in on January 3, 2006 until March 2007. Until his appointment to the position, he had served as director of the Department of the Interior's Office of Surface Mining. He was sworn into that position on February 12, 2002. In March 2007, the Coal-Based Generation Stakeholders announced Jeffrey Jarrett would join them as its executive director.
When President Bush appointed Jeffrey Jarrett to be Director of the Office of Surface Mining, he had been the Deputy Secretary for Mineral Resources Management of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection. Jarrett was at the time responsible for the Department's regulatory programs for surface and underground coal and industrial minerals mining, oil and gas exploration, deep mine safety, and abandoned mine lands reclamation.
From 1988 to 1994, he had been the Deputy Assistant Director for the Office of Surface Mining in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He has also served as the deputy assistant director of the Office of Surface Mining. He previously served as director of planning, division manager, and reclamation director for the Cravat Coal Company and as reclamation supervisor for The Drummond Company.
Jeffrey Jarret graduated from Geneva College in Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Resource Management. He graduated from Belmont Technical College in St. Clairsville, Ohio with an A.A.S degree in Land Stabilization and Reclamation. He is a native of West Virginia.
- "DOE - Fossil Energy: A brief description of the DOE Office of Fossil Energy". Archived from the original on February 18, 2007. Retrieved February 18, 2007.
- "DOE - Fossil Energy: A brief description of the DOE Office of Fossil Energy". Retrieved September 26, 2007.
- "jjarrettbio.pdf" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on April 15, 2007. Retrieved September 26, 2007.
- "CBGS Announces Jeffrey Jarrett as New Executive Director". Retrieved September 26, 2007.
- "U.S. Department of the Interior - Jeffrey D. Jarrett - Biography". Archived from the original on September 26, 2006. Retrieved September 26, 2007.
Mark R. Maddox (acting)
|Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy
Thomas D. Shope (acting)