This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Foskett in 2012
|Born||February 17, 1956|
|Occupation(s)||vocalist, guitarist, arranger, producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano, mandolin|
|Associated acts||The Beach Boys, Brian Wilson|
Jeffrey "Jeff" Foskett is an American singer, record producer, arranger and guitarist best known for his work with Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys. Foskett is described as The Beach Boys' "vice principal" by its core members.
Born and raised in San Jose, California, Foskett began his first band in the 1970s known as Cherry, after the Willow Glen area street on which he lived. Foskett played mostly surf music covers in the same market as Papa Doo Run Run, with whom Foskett would join forces later. In the late 1970s, Foskett formed two renowned bands: The Reverie Rhythm Rockers (aka Reverie) and The Pranks in Santa Barbara, California, gigging throughout the area with fellow area bands like D. B. Cooper. The band held a house residency at The Troubadore Nightclub in Hollywood Mondays performing with The Mentors, The Cretones, The Police and 20/20.
The Beach Boys
In late 1979, Mike Love stopped by the famous Santa Barbara restaurant "1129" where Reverie was the house band. Love listened to Foskett and hired Reverie as the original incarnation of The Endless Summer Beach Band. The band toured with Love through 1981 when Foskett replaced Carl Wilson who briefly left the Beach Boys to pursue a solo career. When Wilson rejoined the Beach Boys in May 1982, Foskett was asked to stay to perform the falsetto parts, which he did on and off until 1991.
In 2012, Foskett joined The Beach Boys, on their 50th Anniversary Reunion Tour and subsequently recorded the studio album, That's Why God Made the Radio, alongside the band, performing all of the falsetto vocal parts as well as other vocals on the record. Regarding his role in the reunion, Al Jardine stated, "Jeffrey is invaluable to keeping the continuity between the various component parts. He supports Brian in every possible way. He has Brian's confidence, and basically kind of makes it possible to have Brian Wilson on the road with us. [Without] that shoulder to lean on, I think it would be very difficult for Brian to tour. And I'm very grateful for that." On the tour he provided lead vocals on "Don't Worry Baby", "Wouldn't It Be Nice" and "Why Do Fools Fall In Love" as well as singing all of the falsetto vocals.
On May 15, 2014, it was announced that Foskett would be re-joining The Beach Boys as a permanent member of the touring band.
When Brian Wilson returned to touring in the late 1990s, he asked Foskett to help him assemble his touring band. Foskett is musical director, appearing at every solo show Wilson has performed. In Wilson concerts, Foskett provides lead vocals on several of Wilson's songs, including "Don't Worry Baby", "The Warmth Of The Sun" and "Wouldn't It Be Nice" as well as others. Foskett has appeared on all of Wilson's solo CD's credited as vocals/guitar/co-arranger.
Foskett said “After the Jeff Beck tour, I was completely stressed and burned out. That whole year, recording that album and that tour — because I knew Jeff so well — a lot of things fell on me to get done that normally would have been other people’s responsibilities. So, at the end of that tour, I kind of snapped — literally — and just said, ‘I can’t do this anymore'. However Brian views me, is alright with me, as long as he knows I love him." 
Foskett has released several solo albums including Thru My Window, touted as "The best Beach Boys album they never recorded", Cool and Gone and Twelve and Twelve. Foskett has won several awards including Top Selling Artist of the Year in New Zealand and Best New Foreign Artist in Japan. He is also a member of "California Rocks" the California Rock Hall of Fame
In addition to The Beach Boys/Brian Wilson, Foskett has toured and recorded with other friends in the music industry such as Paul McCartney, Jeff Beck, Roy Orbison, The Everly Brothers, Chicago, America, Heart, Roger McGuinn, Eric Carmen, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Christopher Cross and Ringo Starr.
Foskett mainly tours for Beach Boys taking the falsetto parts that used to be sung by founder Brian Wilson. Foskett has appeared as guitarist/vocalist/arranger on a majority of Wilson solo material, including the 2004 version of SMiLE. He also produces other artists including Harry Shearer of Spinal Tap and Micky Dolenz of The Monkees.
In 2016 Italia Guitars ( www.Italiaguitarsusa.com ) released their first Signature Model Guitar honoring Jeff named "The JF-12" Twelve String Guitar.
Jeffrey is an avid supporter of The Gary Sinise Foundation (www.garysinisefoundation.org) and The Carl Wilson Foundation
- The Best of Jeffrey Foskett Jeffrey Foskett; Primary Artist, Arranger / Producer (2016) ViViD Sound
- Classic Harmony Jeffrey Foskett; Primary Artist, Arranger / Producer (2015) ViViD Sound
- No Pier Pressure Brian Wilson; Vocals, Arranger (2015) Capitol
- Art of McCartney Guitar, Vocals (2014)
- Name That Tune (EP) The Tearaways; Guitar, Vocal (2014)
- The Essential Eric Carmen Eric Carmen; Vocals (2014)
- Secret Ladder Christopher Cross; Featured Artist- Vocals (2014)
- Live: The 50th Anniversary Tour The Beach Boys; Guitar, Vocals (2013)
- Made in California The Beach Boys; Guitar, Vocals (2013)
- Still Within the Sound of My Voice Jimmy Webb; Background Vocals (2013)
- AM/FM Rita Wilson; Vocals [Background] (2012)
- Can't Take a Hint Harry Shearer; Arranger, Producer, Background Vocals (2012)
- That's Why God Made the Radio The Beach Boys; Vocals, Guitar (Acoustic), Snaps, Background Vocals (2012)
- Sylvie Vartan Vocals (2012)
- Back Pages America; Background Vocals, Arranger (2011)
- In the Key of Disney Brian Wilson; Guitar (12 String), Guitar (Acoustic), Guitar (Electric), Toy Instruments, Vocals Arranger (2011)
- Listen to Me: Buddy Holly Guitar (12 String), Vocals Arranger (2011)
- Walkin' Back Choc'd Bass, Guitar, Producer (2011)
- Chocabeck Zucchero; Background Vocals (2010)
- King for a Day Micky Dolenz; Arranger, Guitar, Percussion, Producer, Ukulele, Background Vocals (2010)
- Reimagines Gershwin Brian Wilson; Vocals (2010)
- Heart of the Valley Jeff Larson; Vocals Arranger (2009)
- What Love Can Do Guitar, Percussion, Vocals (2009)
- That Lucky Old Sun Brian Wilson; Guitar, Ukulele, Background Vocals, Arranger (2008)
- Damn Near Righteous Bill Medley; Vocals (2007)
- Dreamboat Annie Live [Video] Heart; Vocals (2007)
- Dreamboat Annie: Live Heart; Vocals (2007)
- In the Swing of Christmas Barry Manilow; Background Vocals (2007)
- Songs Pointed and Pointless Harry Shearer; Arranger, Audio Production, Guitar, Main Personnel, Producer, Background Vocals (2007)
- Timeless Flyte, a Tribute to the Byrds: The Byrds Dylan Connection Primary Artist (2007)
- Easy to Be Free: The Songs of Rick Nelson Engineer, Mixing, Performer, Primary Artist, Producer (2006)
- Five Way Street: A Tribute to Buffalo Springfield Percussion, Vocals (2006)
- Musicares: A Tribute to Brian Wilson Performer (2006)
- Disney's Beach PartyDisney; Background Vocals (2005)
- Grammy Nominees 2005 Guitar, Unknown Contributor Role, Vocals (2005)
- My Lives Billy Joel; Performer (2005)
- Of Hands and Hearts: Music for the Tsunami Disaster Fund Primary Artist, Producer (2005)
- SMiLE [DVD] Brian Wilson; Guitar, Unknown Contributor Role, Vocals (2005)
- What I Really Want for Christmas Brian Wilson Guitar, Main Personnel, Sleigh Bells, Vocals (2005)
- Dance of the Heart: His Best & More Stephen Bishop; Background Vocals (2004)
- Gettin' in Over My Head Brian Wilson; Guitar, Main Personnel, Background Vocals (2004)
- SMiLE Brian Wilson; Guitar, Hammer Dulcimer, Main Personnel, Unknown Contributor Role, Vocals (2004)
- Stars in the Sand Jeffrey Foskett; Composer, Instrumentation, Primary Artist, Producer, Voices (2004)
- View from the Top/O.S.T. Vocal Arrangement, Background Vocals (2003)
- California Girl Nancy Sinatra; Background Vocals (2002)
- Fragile Sunrise Jeff Larson; Organ, Vocal Harmony (2002)
- Party at the Palace: The Queen's Jubilee Concert Primary Artist, Unknown Contributor Role (2002)
- Party at the Palace: The Queen's Jubilee Concert [Video/DVD] Guitar, Vocals (2002)
- Pet Sounds Live Brian Wilson Guitar, Vocals (2002)
- Daytrips John Blakeley; Arranger, Vocals (2001)
- Hit the Road to Dreamsville Primary Artist (2001)
- Lynne Me Your Ears: A Tribute to the Music of Jeff Lynne Lynne Me Your Ears; Arranger, Instrumentation, Primary Artist, Producer, Vocals (2001)
- Pop Under the Surface, Vol. 4 Composer, Guitar, Primary Artist, Producer, Vocals, Background Vocals (2001)
- Shoe Fetish: A Tribute to the Shoes Instrumentation, Primary Artist, Producer, Vocals (2001)
- The Complete Greatest Hits America Vocals (2001)
- United We Stand: Songs for America [Oglio]Jeffrey Foskett; Primary Artist (2001)
- Live at the Roxy Theatre: Brian Wilson Arranger, Guitar, Percussion, Unknown Contributor Role, Vocals (2000)
- Room for Summer Jeff Larson; Bass, Organ, Piano, Background Vocals (2000)
- The Warmth of the Sun: Songs Inspired by the Beach Boys Arranger, Composer, Primary Artist, Producer (2000)
- Twelve & Twelve Jeffrey Foskett; Primary Artist (2000)
- Watercolor Sky Jeff Larson Arranger, Producer (1998)
- Cool and Gone (Gone, Gone) Jeffrey Foskett; Primary Artist (1997)
- Thru My Window Jeffrey Foskett; Primary Artist (1996)
- Rock the World [Enigma] Composer (1989)
- Still Cruisin The Beach Boys; Background Vocals (1989)
- Some Hearts The Everly Brothers; Vocals (1988)
- California Project Papa Doo Run Run; Vocals (1985)
- 1100 Bel Air Place Julio Iglesias; Vocals (1984)
- Buy American DB Cooper; Background Vocals (1980)
- Summer Forever: The Ultimate Party Album Primary Artist (1980)
- Studio albums
- Thru My Window (1996) Pioneer LDC / New Surf, Ltd.
- The Other Takes (1996) Pioneer LDC / New Surf, Ltd.
- Sunny's Off (1996) Pioneer LDC/ New Surf, Ltd.
- Christmas At The Beach (1997) Pioneer LDC/ New Surf, Ltd.
- Cool and Gone (1997) Pioneer LDC / New Surf, Ltd.
- Twelve and Twelve (1998) Pioneer LDC / New Surf, Ltd.
- Greatest Hits (1998) NZ Music
- Tributes and Rarities (1999) New Surf, Ltd.
- Stars in the Sand (2000) The Pop Collective
- Classic Harmony (2015) ViViD Sound
- The Best of Jeffrey Foskett (2016) ViViD Sound
- Ankeny, Jason. "Biography: Jeffrey Foskett". AMG. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- Lewis, Randy. "Beach Boys reunion: Jeffrey Foskett keeps the band in harmony | Los Angeles Times". latimes.com. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Papa Doo Run Run". sandiegosymphony.org. Retrieved July 11, 2015.
- "Jeffrey Foskett". beachboysbritain.org.uk. July 16, 2013. Retrieved July 11, 2015.
- Lewis, Randy (June 30, 2012). "Hitting the high notes: Jeffrey Foskett keeps the Beach Boys reunion in harmony". deseretnews.com.
- Blistein, Jon (15 May 2014). "Beach Boys Plan Tour to Celebrate 50 Years of 'Fun Fun Fun'". rollingstone.com. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- Morsch, Mike (21 October 2009). "It's been a fun, fun, fun ride". montgomerynews.com. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "Jeffrey Foskett". new-surf.com. Retrieved 31 August 2012.