Jeffrey Hackney (born 5 January 1941) is a legal academic specialising in property law, law of trusts, and legal history at the University of Oxford. He retired in 2009 from his position as a Fellow of Wadham College, Oxford (a post he had held since 1976), and is now an Emeritus Fellow. He was previously a Fellow of St Edmund Hall, and has taught at various universities in North America as a visiting professor. He was Keeper of the Archives of the university from 1987 to 1995, and also chaired various university boards, as well as serving on the editorial board for the Oxford Journal of Legal Studies.
He currently holds the University post of Clerk of the Market.
- Hackney, Jeffrey (1996). Understanding Equity and Trusts. Understanding Law (2nd revised; Paperback ed.). London: Sweet & Maxwell. ISBN 978-0-00-686294-9.
- Hackney, Jeffrey (January 2001). "Snell's Equity, 13th ed (book review)". Law Quarterly Review. Stevens and Sons. 117. ISSN 0023-933X.
- Hackney, Jeffrey (2003). "Chapter 2: Usucapio and the Law of Trusts". In Burn, Edward; Getzler, Joshua. Rationalizing property, equity, and trusts: essays in honour of Edward Burn. London: Butterworths. ISBN 978-0-406-96440-3.
- "Jeffrey Hackney, Esq Authorised Biography – Debrett's People of Today, Jeffrey Hackney, Esq Profile". debretts.co.uk. 2011. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- "Visiting, Honorary, Foundation and Emeritus Fellows". Wadham College, Oxford. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- "Wadham College Law Society Dinner for Jeffrey Hackney". Wadham College, Oxford. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- "Jeffrey Hackney". University of Oxford. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- "History of the Archives". University of Oxford. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- "Jeffrey Hackney". wadham.ox.ac.uk. Retrieved November 13, 2014.