|Occupation||President and co-founder of Hilton & Hyland Real Estate,|
|Notable works||The Legendary Estates of Beverly Hills|
Jeffrey Jonathon Hyland is an American real estate businessman, president of Hilton and Hyland, a real estate firm in Beverly Hills, California, and author. He is one of the founding members of Christie's International Real Estate and serves on the Advisory Board.
Jeffrey Hyland was born and raised in Little Holmby in Los Angeles, California. He attended Cornell University, but returned to California to surf. He graduated from United States International University in San Diego, California.
He obtained his broker license on 8 January 1975.
During his early years in real estate, he became an architectural historian. He assisted in the publication of Paul Williams, A Legacy of Style by Karen Hudson and David Gebhard and Wallace Neff's The Romance of Regional Architecture  In 1984 he co-authored the book, The Estates of Beverly Hills.
Hilton & Hyland
Former Million Dollar Listing cast member Chad Rogers, Frank Robinson's daughter, Nichelle, Ron Kass's son, Robert, Anne Heche's former husband, Coleman Laffoon, and Richard D. Zanuck's daughter-in-law, Marisa, are among Hilton & Hyland's 106 salespeople.
Property sale to Teodoro Nquema Obiang
In April 2006, he represented the owner of an estate in Malibu which was sold to Teodoro Nguema Obiang. According to sources, Obiang's family has stolen millions of dollars from the people of their native Equatorial Guinea. Robert E. Williams, associate professor of political science at Pepperdine University, criticized Hyland for doing business with Obiang. However, it is unclear whether Hyland dealt with Obiang directly.
The Legendary Estates of Beverly Hills
Buster Keaton Estate
- Blumenthal, Robin Goldwyn. "A Castle of One's Own." Barron's, July 10, 2006
- Miller, Daniel (June 9, 2008). "Site Best Known as Home of Naughty Painted Statues". Los Angeles Business Journal. Retrieved November 3, 2009.[dead link]
- Best of the Best 2002: Home & Design: Best Realtors. Robb Report. June 1, 2002. Accessed 24 July 2009.
- Chad Garland, How I Made It: Building real estate bonds, The Los Angeles Times, August 10, 2014
- "Hyland, Jeffrey Jonathon" State of California Department of Real Estate 21 July 2011
- Ryon, Ruth. "A Forgotten Black Architect Who Designed Mansions for Movie Stars." Los Angeles Times, July 23, 1989; Home Edition, p. 1.
- Ryon, Ruth. "Book on Neff to Be Introduced in His House." Los Angeles Times Los Angeles, CA. The Mirror Company, January 18, 1987.
- Ephron, Nora. "Hilda Weber's Pleasure Dome", New York Times, Dec 2, 1984; p.BR46
- "Lethe to Head Beverly Hills Board, Succeeding Hyland." Los Angeles Times, November 29, 1987; (Home Edition) p. 3
- "Hyland Selected to Lead L.A. Board of Real Estate". Los Angeles Times. February 3, 1991. Retrieved July 15, 2009.
- "Hilton & Hyland Real Estate Inc" State of California Department of Real Estate 21 July 2011
- "7th Heaven Properties Forms Exclusive Partnerships with Leading Luxury Real Estate Agents in USA, Canada and Russia for Caribbean Property Sales" (Press release). Caribbean PressReleases.com. May 13, 2009. Retrieved July 21, 2009.
- "On The Market. (Beverly Hills, California)" New York Times, November 8, 2002; p. F7
- McMullen, Troy. "The Home Front: Private Properties." Wall Street Journal, June 24, 2005; (Eastern Edition) p. W.10
- Morrow, David J. "A Star Moves Out; The Aura Lives On." New York Times, June 2, 1996; p. F1
- Ryon, Ruth. "No Longer Moonstruck With Beach" Los Angeles Times, August 12, 2001; Home Edition, p. K.1.
- Coaster, Helen (August 31, 1998). "Luxury Marketers Get Personal". Forbes. Archived from the original on September 18, 2012. Retrieved November 3, 2009.
- "Home of the Week Update". L.A. Times. July 12, 2009. Retrieved November 3, 2009.
- "Salespersons Affiliated With License Number: 01160681" State of California Department of Real Estate 21 July 2011
- Gross, Michael. "The Legendary Estate of Beverly Hills - Manors and Mayhem, 90210", New York Post, November 30, 2008. Book Review
- Goodwin, Christopher. "6 most scandalous Beverly Hills mansions", The Times, February 22, 2009. Book Review
- "The Legendary Estates of Beverly Hills". AOL Home Section. Retrieved Oct 18, 2009.
- Review by Pat H. Broeske "The Hollywood Lifestyle". BookPage. December 2008. Accessed 16 July 2009.
- Eyman, Scott. "Great Beverly Hills estate seen in beautiful, big book", The Palm Beach Post, October 13, 2009
- Showley, Roger. "The Legendary Estate of Beverly Hills", San Diego Tribune, December 7, 2008. Book Review. "Now comes a book whose price and presentation match its bigger-than-life subject"