|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 87th district
January 5, 2009 – October 2, 2016
|Preceded by||Steve Reinhard|
|Succeeded by||Wesley Goodman|
February 2, 1958 |
Upper Sandusky, Ohio, U.S.
|Residence||Upper Sandusky, Ohio, U.S.|
McClain was the Wyandot County auditor for over 26 years.
Ohio House of Representatives
When Representative Steve Reinhard was unable to run for another term due to term limits, McClain, along with Lois Fisher, sought the Republican nomination. McClain won the primary election with 60.72% of the votes. He won the general election with 53.63% of the vote. On January 5, 2009, he was sworn into his first term. McClain was elected to a second term in 2010 unopposed.
Ohio Chamber of Commerce
Term limited in 2016, McClain resigned early to work for the Ohio Chamber of Commerce.
- Brunner, Jennifer 2008 primary election results (2008-11-04)
- Brunner, Jennifer 2008 general election results (2010-11-02)
- Provance, Jim (2011-06-21). "Ohio GOP to start search to replace Gillmor in Senate". Toledo Blade. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- Provance, Jim (2011-07-04). "10 men apply to replace Gillmor in Ohio Senate". Toledo Blade. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "GOP lawmaker to resign Ohio House seat, take Chamber of Commerce job". Retrieved 2016-12-19.