Jeffrey Perry (British actor)
|Born||Jeffrey Harold Perry
13 October 1948
Barrow-in-Furness, Lancashire, England UK
|Died||4 February 2012
Stanhoe, Norfolk, England, UK
Jeffrey Harold Perry (13 October 1948 – 4 February 2012) was a British stage and screen actor. Born in Barrow-in-Furness, Lancashire and trained at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, he worked extensively for the Royal Exchange in Manchester. He may be best known to television audiences as Mr. Tumnus in the 1988 version of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, which was part of the BBC's Chronicles of Narnia TV miniseries.
In the 2000s, Perry's work included performances at the Mill at Sonning. In the summer of 2008, he played Mr. Mole in Love's a Luxury. He was also a director of NOT The National Theatre and toured with them, appearing in several productions.
Selected stage and screen credits
- Hard Times, NOT The National Theatre, 1990-1991
- Playing Sinatra (as Norman), NOT The National Theatre, 1999
- Time and Time Again (as Leonard), The Mill at Sonning
- All for Mary (as Humphrey Millar), The Mill at Sonning, 2001
- Hysteria (as Sigmund Freud), NOT The National Theatre, 2002
- Strictly Murder (as Josef), The Mill at Sonning, 2006
- Love's a Luxury (as Mr. Mole), The Mill at Sonning, 2008
- "Love's a Luxury". The Mill at Sonning. Archived from the original on 27 May 2008. Retrieved 3 July 2008.
- "Hard Times, NOT The National Theatre". Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Playing Sinatra, NOT the National Theatre". Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- All For Mary, The Mill at Sonning
- "Hysteria, NOT The National Theater". Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- Strictly Murder, The Mill at Sonning
- "West Norfolk: Narnia actor’s suicide". Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- Jeffrey Perry on Internet Movie Database
- Review of Love's a Luxury at The Stage, retrieved 3 July 2008
- Review of Love's a Luxury at The Oxford Times, retrieved 3 July 2008
|This article about an English actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|