|Education||Breathitt County High School|
|Occupation||Screenwriter, film director|
When Reddick was fourteen, he wrote a ten-page treatment of a prequel to A Nightmare on Elm Street and sent it to New Line Cinema. The studio did not accept unsolicited material, and it was returned unread. Reddick proceeded to contact studio founder Robert Shaye and asked him to read the treatment. Shaye read it and responded. This was the beginning of a letter-and-phone relationship with Shaye and his assistant that lasted for years. While in college, Jeffrey landed an internship at New Line and worked for the studio for almost eleven years. New Line produced Reddick's screenplay Final Destination. He quit his full-time job at New Line after selling his treatment for Final Destination 2. Reddick was a special guest of The Whens and the Wheres on 8 July 2010 in the Universal Studios Backlot.
- Family Search:Jeffrey Reddick
- 'Final Destination' Creator Making Directorial Debut With 'The Final Reel'
- ""WHAT'S HOT IN HOLLYWOOD NOW?"". Archived from the original on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 9 July 2010.
- Want to Know How to Get Your Script Noticed? Then Join Some Horror Talent for a Tell All Panel in LA!
- Slice And Dice Interview: Final Destination Creator Jeffrey Reddick