Jeffrey W. Hayzlett
Jeffrey Hayzlett at the C-Suite Network Conference in New York City
|Born||1960/1961 (age 55–56)
Charleston, West Virginia, U.S.
|Residence||Sioux Falls, South Dakota New York, New York|
|Occupation||CEO The Hayzlett Group, Author, Speaker|
|Website||The Hayzlett Group|
Jeffrey Hayzlett is a global business celebrity, primetime television and podcast show host, best-selling author and keynote speaker. He was formerly the Chief Marketing Officer of the Eastman Kodak Company from 2006-2010. In 2014 he became the CEO of The Hayzlett Group.
Hayzlett was born in Charleston, West Virginia. He was the oldest of three. His father was in the military which caused his family to move frequently.
Hayzlett graduated from Douglas High School in Box Elder, South Dakota in 1979. He then studied government and international affairs at Augustana College, a private college in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. He was a member of Pi Sigma Epsilon.
Hayzlett joined Kodak in April 2006 as Chief Marketing Officer and Vice President of the company's Graphic Communications Group.
Hayzlett is the founder and chairman of several businesses. In 2008 he became the CEO of the Hayzlett Group, as well as the Chairman of TallGrass Public Relations. In 2013 he became the Co-Founder and Chairman of the C-Suite Network.
In May 2010, Jeff Hayzlett released a book entitled The Mirror Test: Is Your Business Really Breathing? In January 2012, Hayzlett released his second book, Running the Gauntlet: Essential Business Lessons to Lead, Drive Change, and Grow Profits. In September 2015, Hayzlett released his third book, “Think Big, Act Bigger: The Rewards of Being Relentless.”
In 2013, Hayzlett became a contributing editor for Bloomberg Television.
Hayzlett has hosted C-Suite with Jeffrey Hayzlett and Executive Perspectives on C-Suite TV since 2015.
Hayzlett has also hosted All Business with Jeffrey Hayzlett, a business podcast which airs on C-Suite Radio, since 2015.
C-Suite with Jeffrey Hayzlett
On September 3, 2013, Bloomberg announced Hayzlett's new role as the host of C-Suite with Jeffrey Hayzlett. It premiered October 8 and airs weekly Tuesdays at 9:30P ET/PT on Bloomberg. It features an inside look at major companies and brands. Hayzlett investigates the executive team of recognized brands. The show profiles various business models and offers new perspectives on boardroom decision-making.
The show was put together by Hayzlett, Thomas White and Karl Post. It was produced by Star Crossed Pictures. Producers included Brandon Lisy, Stephen Palgon, and Louis Foglia. It ran for one season.
- Dunkin' Brands (Original Air Date: October 8, 2013) Hayzlett visits the c-suite at Dunkin' Brands to discover how the company is reinventing itself with new menu items and a fresh look - and how they're getting franchisee support.
- Seattle Sounders (Original Air Date: October 15, 2013) Hayzlett travels to Seattle to find out how the Major League Soccer franchise Seattle Sounders is selling out every home game.
- CrossFit (Original Air Date: October 22, 2013) CrossFit is used as an example of effective marketing and franchising techniques in the fitness industry.
- MGM Resorts International (Original Air Date: October 29, 2013) Hayzlett visits the c-suite at MGM Resorts International, interviewing CEO Jim Murren about the company's sustainability and philanthropic activities, including building the largest LEED certified building in America.
- Domino's Pizza (Original Air Date: November 5, 2013) In 2010, Domino's Pizza's future was shaky and their c-suite took an unconventional approach to fix their problems: they told customers their pizza sucked. Hayzlett investigates the effectiveness of this approach.
- Life Technologies (Original Air Date: November 19, 2013) Hayzlett goes inside the biotech giant Life Technologies to find out how the c-suite is preparing for the company's acquisition by Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Autodesk (Original Air Date: December 3, 2013) Get inside Autodesk, the creators of the design software AutoCAD. Once a company dedicated to computer-aided drafting has grown into a software design leader. How is this company moving their customers from boxed software to the cloud?
- Cadillac (Original Air Date: December 10, 2013) Hayzlett talks with General Motors executives at the Los Angeles Auto Show to find out how they're rebranding the Cadillac to be more than a luxury car for grandparents.
Board memberships and affiliations
Hayzlett is a member of the Board of Governors of the We Are Family Foundation and a co-chair and CMO of Executive Summit, India. He is a Trustee of the Pi Sigma Epsilon National Education Foundation. He is on the Advisory Board of Digital Marketing Group and Packaging Design Magazine. He is a Permanent Trustee and former chairman of SMEI Academy of Achievement Hall of Fame. Hayzlett is also on the boards of Business Marketing Association (former Chairman), Vdopia, RMG Networks, Tagga, Chatalog, Likeable, the Vaud Fund, WayFounder, SlimSurveys, and Covario He is Chairman of the board of itracks, Chairman of Printing Industries Centres Insurance, UK, and advisor to Whale Path. In the past he served on the Advisory Board of WiMax Forum Changes and the boards of MindHive and Sales & Marketing Executives International
He has received numerous global awards and honors, including:
- 2015 National Speakers Association Hall of Fame 
- 2015 StatSocial Top 100 Social Media Power Influencers 
- 2014 Forbes Top 40 Social Selling Marketing Masters 
- 2011 SMEI Sales and Marketing Hall of Fame
- 2011 "Ambassador of Free Enterprise" Award from the Academy of Achievement
- 2009 B2B Magazine Top 10 B2B Marketer of the Year
- 2009 Inductee, BMA Hall of Fame
- 2009 BMA G.D. Crain Jr. Award for Marketing Excellence 
- 2009 Xplor Chairman's Award
- 2008 Earl I. Sundeen Award, IGAEA
- 2008 B2B Magazine B2B Marketer of the Year"
- 2008 Direct Marketer of the Year & Direct Marketers Hall of Fame, University of Akron Taylor Institute for Direct Marketing"
- 2007 B2B Magazine Top 10 B2B Marketer of the Year
- 2007 Frost & Sullivan Sales & Marketing Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2006 Honorary Life Member, Pi Sigma Epsilon
- 2006 International Friend of Business, IPN
- 2005 Honorary Life Member, BAPC
- 1995 Industry Award of Distinction, NAQP
- Entrepreneur of the Year, US SBA
Hayzlett and his wife Tami have two children. They spend their time between Sioux Falls and New York City.
- Wells, Melanie (May 14, 2010). "Kodak CMO Jeff Hayzlett To Pursue TV Career". Forbes. Retrieved July 28, 2010.
- "SD marketing guru, TV star is leaving job". The American News (Aberdeen, South Dakota). May 15, 2010.
- Deutsch, Donny. "Jeffrey Hayzlett". The Big Idea. Archived from the original on June 28, 2013. Retrieved April 25, 2013.
- Keane, Meghan (May 12, 2010). "Q&A: Kodak's Jeffrey Hayzlett on The Mirror Test". Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- Sobel, Bill (February 24, 2015). "Ex-Kodak CMO Jeffrey Hayzlett Warns: Adapt, Change or Die". Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- Keane, Meghan (June 17, 2009). "Q&A: Kodak's Jeffrey Hayzlett on Twankers and Kodak's social media presence". Retrieved July 14, 2009.
- "C-Suite TV's Executive Perspectives LIVE Enters Seventh Digital Television Season with Discussions on Innovation and Disruption". December 7, 2016. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- Gerber, Scott. "Better Than Coffee: 14 Podcasts That Will Inspire Your Mornings". Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- Bruce Weinstein (10 April 2015). The Good Ones: Ten Crucial Qualities of High-Character Employees. New World Library. pp. 13–. ISBN 978-1-60868-274-4.
- "Why You Should Build A Mastermind Group". Fast Company, By Gwen Moran
- "One On One With Thomas White, Co-Founder Of The C Suite Network". Forbes, Mar 12, 2015 Steve Olenski
- "New Show Takes Viewers Inside the 'C-Suite'". Inc. October 7, 2013.
- "Business show takes on CrossFit". U-T San Diego. October 23, 2013.
- "Hayzlett hosts Bloomberg series "Inside the C-Suite"". Business Marketing Association. October 17, 2013.
- "Sounders featured on Bloomberg TV's 'C-Suite with Jeffrey Hayzlett'". SB Nation. October 15, 2013.
- "Global Business Leader Jeffrey Hayzlett Joins Covario Advisory Board". Covario. September 11, 2013. Retrieved October 4, 2013.
- "Jeffrey W. Hayzlett Named Chairman of itracks". itracks. April 27, 2011. Retrieved April 24, 2013.
- "CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame". December 2016. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- Sullivan, Laurie (February 10, 2015). "StatSocial Names The Top 100 Social Media Power Influencers For 2015". Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- Biro, Meghan (May 8, 2014). "Recognizing The World's Top 40 Social Marketing Talent". Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- SMEI Academy of Achievement's "Ambassador of Free Enterprise" Award
- "2009 G.D. Crain Jr. Award Winner: Jeffrey Hayzlett". Business Marketing Association. 2009.
- "Kodak's Jeff Hayzlett named 'BtoB's' Marketer of the Year". BtoB. November 12, 2008. Retrieved July 27, 2009.
- "2007 Direct Marketer of the Year Jeff Hayzlett". The University of Akron. April 10, 2008. Retrieved July 27, 2009.
- "CMO of Kodak's Graphic Communications Group Earns Lifetime Achievement Award from Frost & Sullivan; Jeffrey Hayzlett recognized for outstanding accomplishment and positive influence". HighBeam Research. June 2007. Retrieved July 27, 2009.[dead link]