|Born||October 2, 1958|
Jeffrey Weissman (born October 2, 1958) is an American actor. He has appeared in dozens of motion pictures and TV shows, most notably as George McFly in Back to the Future Part II and III with Michael J. Fox, and as Teddy Conway in Pale Rider with Clint Eastwood, with John Lithgow in Twilight Zone: The Movie, guest star spots on Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Max Headroom, Dallas, The Man Show, and with Dick Van Dyke on Diagnosis: Murder and as Screech's Guru on Saved by the Bell.
He continues to act, on stage, film & television. He coaches and teaches, from the art of commedia dell'arte to film technique, with students including both professionals and newcomers to the arts. He recently got rave reviews as OCD winemaker Gerry Hannon in the feature mockumentary Corked!. He co-stars in dozens of indies since 2005. And he teaches acting for film, directing, writing and improv at San Francisco School of Digital Film Making.
Jeffrey trained in acting and performance at American Conservatory Theater, San Francisco State University, UCLA and Santa Monica City College. His comedic experience includes work with The Second City Alumni, Los Angeles Theater Sports, Andy Goldberg and Bill Hudnutt Sitcom Workshops, (formerly Harvey Lembeck). He also trained at Berekely Rep. in the "Finding the Inner Imp" with Ron Campbell, and participated in acting workshops with Peter Flood, Jackie Benton, and Magic Theater Gym. He has trained in dance, movement, storytelling workshops with the Voice of Men In Motion. He also trained under Jackie Benton, Peter Flood, and Bill Hudnut, and was a Varsity Player with Los Angeles Theatersports.
Jeffrey Weissman has worked in commercials, television shows, and feature films, and is probably best known for his portrayal of the role of George McFly in the two Back to the Future sequels.
He has appeared in roles in feature films including Pale Rider and Twilight Zone: The Movie. He has also made guest appearances on television shows such as Saved by the Bell, The Man Show, Dallas, Max Headroom, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Chip and Pepper's Cartoon Spectacular, and Divorce Court. His commercial credits include an interactive television commercial for Ameritech and a Christmas commercial for the grocery chain Publix.
Jeffrey has done ADR and looping on dozens of projects; Heathers, Loverboy, The Best Times, Crime of Innocence, Pale Rider, Hot Resort, and others. Also on camera and off in PSAs, Industrials and live trade shows.
He has directed for Universal Studios in Japan, and he was artistic director of the ‘Flying Penguins’ improv comedy group, (helping to form the highly acclaimed Los Angeles Theater Sports, now in its eighteenth year). He has recently been teaching theater games to training teachers at Dominican College, commedia dell'arte & "The Business of Acting" at Sonoma State University, as well as "Kidprov" & "Teenprov" workshops & shows at various libraries in Marin County and South San Francisco.
- 1983 Twilight Zone: The Movie as Young Husband
- 1984 Johnny Dangerously as Tee Shirt Vendor
- 1984 Crackers as Backstage Dancer
- 1985 Pale Rider as Teddy Conway
- 1989 Back to the Future Part II as George Douglas McFly
- 1990 Back to the Future Part III as George Douglas McFly
- 1991 For the Boys as the North Africa Stage Manager
- 2001 To Protect & To Serve as Jean Goddard
- 2001 2001: A Space Travesty as Groucho
- 2001 Max Keeble's Big Move as McGoogles (bodysuit)
- 2004 Slapdash as Mosley
- 2005 Return to Sender as Old Comic
- 2005 Angels with Angles AKA "Everythings George" as Groucho
- 2006 Night Fliers as Lee Hawthorn
- 2006 Car Babes as Jay
- 2006 Looking Back at the Future (documentary) as Himself
- 2007 Hats Off as Dr. Ball
- 2008 corked as Jerry Hannon
- 2008 Our Feature Presentation as Hugo Wilmington
- 2009 American Disciples as Dr Garownski
- 2010 Chateau Meroux as Roy Hutchinson
- 1984 Scarecrow and Mrs. King: "Filming Raoul"
- 1985 Dallas: "Lovers and Other Strangers"
- 1987 Max Headroom: "Rakers"
- 198? Divorce Court: "Cott Vs. Cott"
- 1991 Saved By the Bell: "Rockumentary"
- 1992 NBC Cartoon Spectacular: "Chip and Pepper"
- 2000 Diagnosis: Murder: "Two Birds With One Sloan"
- 2002 The Man Show: "Assoholics Anonymous"
- 1994 The Stand
- 2000 The '70s
- 1996 He's Dead, But He Won't Lie Down
- 1997 Garbage
- 1998 god@heaven
- 2003 Touched
- 2007 Edible as Father
- 2008 We Missed You, Pete
- 2011 Kosher
- 1998 Tallulah (Hollywood)
- 2004 Tony Kushner's The Illusion (Cinnabar Theater)
- 2005 Mellisa Gibson's "[sic]" (6th St. Playhouse/Sonoma Actor's Theatre)
- 2005 Wm. Shakespeare's "12th Night"
- 2006 Tease-O-Rama Baggy Trouser Blackout Comedy, at Bimbo's 365 Club
- 2006 Just For Laughs (SF Fringe Festival)
- 2007 Just For Laughs (fundraiser establishing a Theater Department Schoarship at OSU)
- Official website
- Jeffrey Weissman at MySpace.com
- Jeffrey Weissman at the Internet Movie Database
- Talent profile of Jeffrey Weissman on SlateCast.com
- Jeffrey Weissman at Stage32.com