Jehanzeb Aziz (born 1965) is a Pakistani humorist and short-story writer in the Urdu and Punjabi languages. He is disciple of some of the most illustrious writers of the South Asia, Muhammad Khalid Akhter and Syed Zamir Jafery.
Jehanzeb Aziz began writing humorous articles and stories during his school days. His first articles were published in a popular Urdu monthly magazine Hakayit in 1986. He was a pilot in the Pakistan Air Force before leaving for creative pursuits. His first book Aik Dafa Ka Zikr Hae, a compilation of short stories and articles was published in 1993 while he was still serving in the Pakistan Air force. Sajri Seware, his Punjabi(potohari) language novel, was dramatized and telecast on PTV in 1998. The serial was nominated for a Pakistan television award as the best regional language drama serial in 1999.
Another of his passions is television productions. He produced a 6 episode drama serial Shahpar based on life in the Pakistan Air Force, for which he received the Musawer Award in 1998. He has also produced and directed several documentaries, television commercials and music videos. His work is simple, spontaneous and expressive.
In 1999 he joined the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) as head of Marketing and Communications. He was member of the pioneering team, which launched and implemented this landmark project in the history of the country. NADRA introduced Computerized ID cards, Citizen Database, Computerized electoral rolls and machine readable passports. These days he heads a Behavior Change Communications Project about HIV/AIDS in Pakistan and Azad Jumo and Kashmir.
Aziz has also written a large number of news reports relating to defense matters, governance and development issues, business and commerce, as well as television commercials and documentaries.
Books, stories, plays and other work
- Aik Dafa ka Zikr Hae (compilation book-1993)
- Pech-o-khum (compilation book-under publication)
- Pahar Mundr aur woh (2005)
- Sajri seware-Punjabi (1997)
- Six episode drama serial SHAHPAR-story, production.
- Ten episode drama serial SAJRI SEWARE for Pakistan Television-written.
- PAF and Squash (Documentary) - produced, directed
- Inn Fizaoon sa aagay; songs for PAF- produced, directed
- Hawa ka Sipayee; songs for PAF- produced, directed
- National Defense College (Documentary) - produced, directed
- To Sir with Love : A Tribute to Hugh Catchpole- produced, directed
- Red Arrows in Pakistan (Documentary)- produced, directed
- PAK-Turkey Dosti Zindabad (Documentary)- produced, directed