|Frequent-flyer program||Join & Joy Club|
|Company slogan||Join & Joy|
|Parent company||Aekyung Group|
|Headquarters||Jeju City, Jeju-do, South Korea|
|Key people||Kyu Nam Choi (C.E.O.)|
|Revised Romanization||Jeju Hanggong|
Jeju Air (Hangul: 제주항공; RR: Jeju Hanggong) is a low cost airline based in Jeju City, Jeju-do, South Korea, offering scheduled domestic services between Jeju and the South Korean mainland out of Jeju International Airport or Gimpo International Airport, Seoul and a number of regular international charter flights.
Jeju Air was established in January 2005 and began operations on June 2, 2006. It is owned by the Aekyung Group (81.7%) and the Jeju Provincial Government (4.54%). On July 11, 2008, Jeju Air made its first international flight from Jeju to Hiroshima.
In 2005, the airline placed an order for 5 Dash 8-Q400 aircraft (with options on 3 further aircraft), with a total contract value of 196 million USD if all options were exercised. These aircraft remained in the fleet only for a short period, the last one was withdrawn on 16 June 2010 and sold to Aires Colombia.
|Bombardier Dash 8 DHC-8-400 NextGen||5|
Incidents and accidents
On August 12, 2007 at 09:37 local time, a Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 (registered HL5256) operating Jeju Air Flight 502 from Jeju to Busan skidded off the runway at Gimhae International Airport, Busan, due to a strong headwind, injuring 6 people on board and damaging the aircraft beyond repair.
- "Contact Us." Jeju Air. Retrieved on March 5, 2010. "제주특별자치도 제주시 연동 301–7"
- "Jeju Head Office." Jeju Air. Retrieved on December 27, 2011. "#301-7, Yeon-dong, Jeju City, Jeju Special Self-Governing Province"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 97.
- Jeju Air fleet list at planespotters.net
- Air International, July 2005
- Jeju Air Flight 502 at the Aviation Safety Network
- Jeju Air skids off runway in South Korea Flight Global 13/08/07
- "Jeju Air Dash 8 skids off runway". Flight International. 21–27 August 2007. p. 18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jeju Air.|