2 June 1994 |
Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
Jemma McKenzie-Brown (born 2 June 1994) is an English actress. She is known for her role as Tiara Gold in the 2008 film High School Musical 3: Senior Year.
Life and career
Born in Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire, she attended the Pamela Gray Dancing Academy in Hull. Having auditioned and subsequently gained a place at the Sylvia Young Theatre School, McKenzie-Brown relocated from Hull's Hymers College to lodge with a guest family in London, aged 11. As of 2010, McKenzie-Brown graduated from the Sylvia Young Theatre School. Her father works at BAE.
Through the school's theatrical agency, McKenzie-Brown started to appear in various shows. In 2006, she made her debut playing Georgina Pritchard in the short television series The Amazing Mrs. Pritchard, portraying the daughter of Jane Horrocks' character. In 2008, she made a guest appearance on children's television series, M.I. High as Irene in the episode "Spy Plane". She then lent her voice to radio plays, including a production of the Arthur Ransome version of Old Peter's Russian Tales, and The Monstrous Mother.
In 2008, she took part in a closed audition in London and Los Angeles for the role of Tiara Gold in High School Musical 3: Senior Year. After gaining the role and filming in Salt Lake City, Utah, she generated much worldwide fame. On 14 September 2009, McKenzie-Brown stated she would not be returning in the fourth installment of High School Musical.
|2006||The Amazing Mrs Pritchard||Georgina Pritchard||Main role (6 episodes)|
|2008||M.I. High||Irene Ryfield||Episode: "Spy Plane"|
|2008||High School Musical 3: Senior Year||Tiara Gold|
- "High School Musical's Jemma 'Tiara' McKenzie-Brown". Daily Mirror. 19 February 2009. Retrieved 4 March 2009.
- "Actress hoping for role in movie sequel". This is Hull & East Riding. 19 February 2009. Retrieved 4 March 2009.
- "Beverley actress Jemma McKenzie-Brown heading for stardom". Beverley Guardian. 20 February 2009. Retrieved 4 March 2009.
- "High School Musical star visits resort". Grimsby Telegraph. 23 March 2009. Retrieved 25 April 2009.
- Wiegand, David (20 October 2007). "Review: 'Amazing Mrs. Pritchard' takes charge". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 29 March 2008.
- "Blockbuster chats with first-time Wildcat Jemma McKenzie-Brown". Blockbuster. Archived from the original on 25 February 2009. Retrieved 4 March 2009.
- "Jemma Mckenzie-Brown Will Not Be In High School Musical 4". Wambie.com. 4 April 2009. Archived from the original on 27 January 2012. Retrieved 16 July 2010.