Lancaster was an associate vice president for a technology company prior to being laid off after 9/11. Being laid off, and her adaptation to being unemployed, became the subject matter for her blog and, later, her books.
Lancaster was raised in Indiana and now resides in Chicago, Illinois with her husband, Fletch, and their many pets. She is an alumna of Purdue University. She is known for her humor and rampant narcissism which is mentioned in her books.
- Bitter is the New Black; memoir: release 2006
- Bright Lights, Big Ass; memoir: release 2007
- Such a Pretty Fat; memoir: release 2008
- Pretty in Plaid; memoir: release 2010
- My Fair Lazy; memoir: release 2010
- If You Were Here; fiction: release 2011
- Here I Go Again; fiction: release 2012
- Jeneration X; memoir: release 2013
- The Tao of Martha; memoir: release 2014
- Twisted Sisters; fiction: release 2014
- I Regret Nothing; memoir: release 2015
- The Best of Enemies; fiction: release 2015
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|