Jen and Kat
Jen and Kat
|Origin||Portland, Oregon, U.S|
Jen and Kat are an American pop rock duo that consists of sisters Jeni Niquette and Kyndi Niquette. Their television debut was on MTV in 2007, when they co-starred in The Countdown to Newport Harbor: The Real Orange County, a segment filmed and produced by MTV Studios. While shooting the video for MTV in New York, the sisters also starred in Johnson & Johnson's commercial campaign for Clean & Clear's Morning Burst Shine Control Cleanser, and appeared on Demanded, an On-Demand original program from Music Choice, co-hosted by a different chart-topping music artist every episode. Their credits have gone on to include work with Summit Entertainment, IFC, LAIKA, Nike, and others.
In March 2015 Jen and Kat's first music single, Better Place, was released worldwide, and in November 2015 their four-song electropop EP entitled Here and Now followed suit. In 2016, Jen and Kat won the Best Music category in the Armstrong Vine Awards, hosted at Mashable headquarters. In November 2017, Jen and Kat released their debut album, The Sound of Goodbye, making a return to their acoustic pop roots, a style first heard in their 2015 single Better Place. In the fall of 2018, Jen and Kat announced they would be releasing a new single monthly, starting October 2018 and running throughout the following year. The sisters have performed on two cross-country tours, and their music Vines have been viewed over 21 million times.
- The Sound of Goodbye (November 2017)
- Here and Now (November 2015)
- BAD BAD (June 2019)
- Never Slowing Down (May 2019)
- Digital Starlight (April 2019)
- 3-Minute Warning (March 2019)
- Scream It Louder (February 2019)
- Speaking in Code (January 2019)
- There's You, There's Me (November 2018)
- Until You Know (October 2018)
- All I Wanna Do (December 2017)
- Better Place (March 2015)
Awards and nominations
|2016||Armstrong Vine Awards||Best Music||Jen and Kat's music Vines||Won|
- "The Sound of Goodbye - Album by Jen and Kat on Apple Music". Itunes.apple.com. 2017-11-11. Retrieved 2017-12-05.
- Maura Lynch (2007-08-15). "Face Time". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 2017-04-22.
- Justin Much (2007-08-15). "Niquette Sisters Burst Into Stardom". Statesman Journal. Retrieved 2017-04-22.
- Johnson & Johnson (2007-08-15). "Grand Prize Winners of CLEAN & CLEAR(R) 'Burst Into Stardom' Contest are Ready for Their National Television Debut". PR News Wire. Retrieved 2007-08-15.
- Music Choice (2009-05-05). "Demanded". Music Choice. Retrieved 2017-04-22.
- "Official website of the singing/acting sister duo Jen and Kat | Bio". Jen and Kat. Retrieved 2017-04-22.
- Tarn Susumpow (2016-01-29). "2016 Armstrong Vine Awards Winners". Mashable. Retrieved 2017-04-22.