|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Born||Jena Michelle Sims
December 30, 1988
Winder, Georgia, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Title(s)||Miss Georgia Teen USA 2007|
|Miss Teen USA 2007|
Jena Michelle Sims (born December 30, 1988) is an American actress, model and beauty pageant titleholder who has held the Miss National Junior Teenager title and competed in the Miss Teen USA pageant in 2007.
She has been widely recognized for her work with various charities, including her own organization "Pageant of Hope".
Early life and education
Sims grew up in Winder, Georgia and graduated from Winder-Barrow High School in 2007. She briefly attended Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee, where she studied International Business. Jena is currently in Hollywood, California pursuing a career in modeling and acting. She stars in the 2012 film, Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader.
A year later, Sims won the Miss Georgia Teen USA 2007 title in a state pageant held in Newnan on 11 November 2006. It was her second attempt at the title, as she placed in the semi-finals in the 2006 event. She was crowned by outgoing titleholder Brittany Sharp, who placed fourth runner-up in the Miss Teen USA pageant in August.
Sims represented Georgia in the Miss Teen USA 2007 pageant broadcast live from Pasadena, California in August 2007, but did not place. She was the first Miss Georgia Teen USA not to place in the pageant since 2003.
Sims runs a non-profit organization that hosts beauty pageants for children with cancer and other disadvantages called the "Pageant of Hope". The pageants have been held in Winder, Tennessee, New York, Michigan, Wisconsin, California and she will be expanding into South Carolina.
In 2006 she received a Southern Hero award, and won a Prudential Spirit of Community award in 2003. In 2006 she was honored with an award from the Caring Institute in Washington DC, recognizing her work with children with cancer. The following year she was one of twenty-seven American teenagers given the "Nestle Very Best In Youth" award for her community service.
Her Pageant of Hope has also been awarded numerous State and National Community Service awards such as The Nestle Very Best in Youth National Award, BRICK Do Something National Award and the Prudential Spirit of Community Bronze and Silver medallion. She has been named a Georgia Young Entrepreneur by NFIB, a WXIA Kids Who Care winner, and a Huggable Hero by Maxine Clark and Build a Bear Workshop.
Her first role was the main role of Cassie in Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader (2012).
- Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader (2012)
- Last Vegas (2013)
- Kill the Messenger (2014)
- 3-Headed Shark Attack (2015)
- Georgia General Assembly House Resolution 845. Retrieved 2006-11-12.
- Pageant Cast podcast interview with Jena Sims, episode 34. Retrieved 2006-11-12.
- "Beauty Queen". Athens Banner-Herald (Athens, GA: Morris Communications). December 12, 2006. Retrieved May 6, 2015.
- Interview: Jena Sims goes big in Corman's 3D "50 FT CHEERLEADER"
- "Sims receives Southern hero honor". Athens Banner-Herald. 2006-10-29. Retrieved 2006-11-12. (Google cache)
- Lowry, Donna (2007-06-11). "Class Act Kid: Jena Sims". 11Alive.com.
- "Two Georgia Youth Honored For Volunteerism at National Award Ceremony In Washington, D.C.". 2003-05-03. Retrieved 2006-11-12. (Zoominfo Cache)
- Blevins, Abby (2006-10-17). "Institute recognizes 13 caring Americans of all ages". USA Today.
- "Extraordinary 27 Recognized as Nestle Very Best in Youth; Winners of National Contest Recognized for Academic and Community Service Excellence". PR Web. 2007-03-27.
- "REMINDER/Prudential Financial Honors Spirit of Community Student Volunteers in Atlanta". Business Wire. 2003.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jena Sims.|
- Miss Georgia Teen USA official website
- Miss Teen USA official website
- PageantCast interview with Jena Sims
- Jena Sims official website
- Jena Sims at the Internet Movie Database
- Jena Sims on Twitter
|Miss Georgia Teen USA