Jenifer Johnston born Gourock, Scotland. A Sunday Herald journalist between 2000 and 2007, nominated three times for Young Journalist of the Year at the Scottish Press Awards. One investigation exposing the levels of child prostitution  led to the establishment of a working group at the Scottish Parliament to tackle the issue.
Another investigation with Neil MacKay, Home Affairs correspondent, found that most British deaths in Iraq had been caused by accidents and suicide, not conflict, leading to families of British war dead criticising the government. As Deputy Foreign editor she interviewed Ron Reagan, who accused President George W. Bush of hijacking his father's reputation.
She was part of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games Bid Team as a press officer, and has a BA in History from the University of Strathclyde (2000), and a politics MSc (Merit), China In the International Arena, from the University of Glasgow (2007).
- Hold the Front Page report, 10.5.04, http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/awards/040510sco.shtml
- Child Prostitution users go unpunished, Sunday Herald, Jul 14 2002, http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4156/is_20020714/ai_n12577958
- Police face quiz over child prostitute, Sunday Herald June 9th 2002, http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4156/is_20020609/ai_n12575702
- Most UK deaths in Iraq were caused by blunders, Sunday Herald, May 30, 2004, http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=28&did=644749241&SrchMode=1&sid=1&Fmt=3&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=PQD&TS=1195803500&clientId=68660
- Reagan Jr Warns Bush, Sunday Herald 26 Sep 2004, http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0926-02.htm