Mann is the daughter of successful song writing partnership and married couple Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil. On January 1, 2015 Mann announced she was going back to her maiden name, after divorcing Joshua Berman, effective August 20, 2013. 
Mann sometimes appears in media under the name "Dr. Jenn." She has acted as a relationship counselor for the VH1 reality shows Couples Therapy and spin-off Family Therapy. Until Sirius XM Radio dropped the Oprah Winfrey channel on December 31, 2014, Mann hosted a nightly radio call-in show. The show moved to a new channel in 2015.
- "How can you feel sexier as you get older? Read more: How can you feel sexier as you get older? - The Times of India". The Times of India. 5 December 2010. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "Love & Lust: Will Sanford Marriage Last?". CBS News. 29 June 2009. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- Schefft, Jen (2007). Better Single Than Sorry: A No-Regrets Guide to Loving Yourself and Never Settling. HarperCollins. p. 121. ISBN 978-0-06-122807-0. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "Dr. Jenn Mann on Twitter: "I will no longer be Dr. Jenn Berman.Moving forward I will be Dr. Jenn Mann.That's 2 N's on Jenn and 2 N's on Mann! http://t.co/afFdSwkEGk"". Twitter.com. 2015-01-01. Retrieved 2015-09-30. External link in
- Heger, Jen (2013-09-10). "Ironic Much? VH1's 'Couples Therapy' Host Dr. Jenn Berman Divorces". Radar Online. Retrieved 2015-09-30.
- Barker, Olivia (31 May 2009). "The Gosselins and the consequences of reality TV". USA Today. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "SHOWBIZ TONIGHT (Transcript)". CNN. 6 November 2007. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- vh1. "Couples Therapy With Dr. Jenn (TV Series) | Season 5 Episodes". VH1. Retrieved 2015-09-30.