|Born||May 30, 1980|
|Occupation||Journalist, television news presenter|
|Employer||Fox Entertainment Group|
|Parent(s)||Janice and Bob Lee|
|Relatives||Zac Lee (brother)|
Jennifer Anne "Jenna" Lee (born ) is an American journalist and former anchor on the Fox News, where she co-hosted Happening Now with Jon Scott. Lee had previously co-anchored Fox Business' early-morning business news program, Fox Business Morning, with Connell McShane.May 30, 1980
Early life and education
Lee, a San Francisco native, was born to Janice and Bob Lee, a former National Football League quarterback. Her brother, Zac Lee, was also a professional quarterback. Lee's grandfather, Paul Kern Lee, was a war correspondent for the Associated Press in San Francisco.
Lee attended college at the University of California, Santa Barbara, where she played collegiate softball for the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos during the 1999 season. She graduated in 2002 with a B.A. in English and global studies. She later attended Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, graduating in 2005 with a master's degree.
After graduating from UC Santa Barbara, Lee worked from 2002 to 2004 at Marina Times, a San Francisco community newspaper, as a freelance reporter on her spare time. Later, she enrolled at Columbia University, where she worked at NY1 and did freelance writing for Forbes.com. She left NY1 and joined Forbes full-time.
Fox Business Network
Lee was hired by FOX News Chairman & CEO Roger Ailes in 2007. With Nicole Petallides, the duo were the original anchors of Fox Business Morning on Fox Business Network when the channel made its debut on October 15, 2007.
FOX later added Lee as a contributor to Money for Breakfast and as an anchor to the web-only FoxBusiness.com Live Morning Edition, which launched in February 2009. Upon the cancellation of Money for Breakfast in December 2009, Lee gained a role on Imus in the Morning, the show that took its time slot.
The last airing of Fox Business Morning was in May 2010, after which it was replaced by Best of Imus as the lead-in to Imus in the Morning.
Transition to Fox News Channel
Lee left Fox Business Network in July 2010 and joined Fox News Channel, where she replaced Jane Skinner as Jon Scott's co-anchor on Happening Now. She was the first personality to go from Fox Business Network to Fox News Channel.
On June 2, 2017, Lee announced on Happening Now that she was leaving Fox News immediately to pursue other projects and opportunities. In 2018, Lee launched the SmartHer News, which she described as an "fact based, nonpartisan" digital news platform.
In the media
On July 3, 2011, Lee married Lieutenant Commander Leif Babin, a former Navy SEAL officer, in Wimberley, Texas. Babin, a recipient of a Silver Star, a Bronze Star, and a Purple Heart for service in Anbar Province, Iraq, in 2006, is the son of US Congressman Brian Babin. The couple met at the 2008 Navy SEAL Warrior Fund dinner held in New York City at the Waldorf Astoria New York. She has stated that after meeting Babin she gained a better understanding of life for military families, and of the impact of war.
- Fell, James S. (June 9, 2012). "5 Questions: No shadows on Jenna Lee's fitness spotlight". Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Gold, Matea (2009-09-04). "QUICK TAKES". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2022-08-30.
- "Jenna Lee's New York". New York. 2013-11-04. Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- Friedman, Jon (October 14, 2009). "Fox's Jenna Lee has a glamorous grind". marketwatch.com. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- "Zac Lee player profile". huskers.com. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- "OBITUARY -- Paul Kern Lee". San Francisco Chronicle. San Francisco. August 9, 1996. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Barney, Chuck (October 23, 2008). "Jenna Lee rejects 'anchor babe' label". San Jose Mercury News. San Jose, California. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Mason, Dave (February 23, 2011). "This Just in: UCSB grad covers the world for Fox News Channel". Santa Barbara News-Press. Santa Barbara, California. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- "Columbia Journalism School E-News" (PDF). journalism.columbia.edu. July 8, 2011. p. 5. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 4, 2016. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Huff, Richard (May 31, 2009). "Jenna Lee's tenacity paved road to Fox biz anchor job". Daily News. New York City. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Pompeo, Joe (July 7, 2010). "Fox Business Network's Jenna Lee Heads To Fox News Channel". businessinsider.com. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- "Fox Business Network Debuts". CBS News. New York City. October 15, 2007. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Shields, Mike (February 9, 2009). "FBN Preps Live Daily Web Series". Adweek. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Flint, Joe (December 23, 2009). "The Business Behind The Show". Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Gold, Matea (May 26, 2010). "What You're Watching". Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- "Jenna Lee Joins Fox News' 'Happening Now'". huffingtonpost.com. July 7, 2010. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Krakauer, Steve (July 7, 2010). "Breaking: Jenna Lee Named Co-Anchor Of Fox News' Happening Now". mediaite.com. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Concha, Joe (2017-06-02). "Fox's Jenna Lee announces decision to leave the network". The Hill. Retrieved 2022-08-30.
- Yost, Teal (2021-06-14). "Journalist builds platform committed to unbiased news - Military Spouses". Military Families. Retrieved 2022-08-30.
- Allocca, Kevin (September 8, 2009). "The Ticker: Newseum, Hunter, Lee". mediabistro.com. Archived from the original on September 23, 2009. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- "Cosmopolitan" (PDF). mediabistro.com. October 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 7, 2009. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Anson, Jasper. "Jenna Lee Interview". askmen.com. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Mallozzi, Vincent M. (July 2, 2011). "Jenna Lee, Leif Babin". The New York Times. New York City. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Castro, Danilo (2017-06-02). "Jenna Lee Leaves Fox News: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". Heavy.com. Retrieved 2022-08-30.
- Ariens, Chris (September 3, 2014). "Jenna Lee Gives Birth to Brian Marc Babin". Adweek. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- "It's a Girl! Jenna Lee & Husband Leif Babin Introduce Liberty". Fox News Channel. April 8, 2016. Retrieved April 11, 2016.
- Joyella, Mark (April 8, 2016). "A Daughter Named Liberty for FNC's Jenna Lee". Adweek. Retrieved April 11, 2016.