Jenna de Rosnay
Jenna de Rosnay (born Jenna Severson, 7 March 1963) is an American windsurfer, fashion designer, and model.
From 1982 Rosnay broke the World Speedsailing Record (500 metre, women's windsurfing) seven times, first at the Speed Trials in Weymouth off the Isle of Portland in the United Kingdom. In 2010 she was inducted into the Speedsailing Hall of Fame.
Born in California and raised in Hawaii and Tahiti, Jenna Severson is a daughter of John Severson, photographer, film director, and founder of Surfer magazine, and his wife, the former Louise Stier. She has a younger sister, Anna Severson (born 1965).
Jenna de Rosnay has been married twice:
- Arnaud Louis Fromet de Rosnay (1946–1984), a French playboy, photographer, and long-distance windsurfer who was the youngest son of French-Mauritian painter Gaëtan de Rosnay and his wife, the former Natacha Koltchine. Arnaud de Rosnay had previously been married to Isabel Goldsmith, daughter of Sir James Goldsmith, an heiress to a Bolivian tin fortune, and a granddaughter of Doña Maria Cristina de Borbon y Bosch Labrus, Duchess of Durcal. Jenna Severson and Arnaud de Rosnay married in 1981, and in 1984, he disappeared at sea while attempting to windsurf from China to Taiwan. The couple had one daughter, Alizé de Rosnay (born 1984), an artist and designer who helps run a family-owned art gallery Puka Puka in Paia, Maui, Hawaii.
- Emmanuel de Buretel, a recording executive who is the founder of Because Music and the former chairman and CEO of EMI Recorded Music Continental Europe. They have three daughters.
- "World Sailing Speed Record Council 500 Metre Records". Sailspeedrecords.com. Archived from the original on 3 March 2011. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "Antoine Albeau and Jenna de Rosnay enter Speedsailing Hall of Fame". Speedworldcup.com. 5 March 2010. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- Metzger, Stephen. "Chico Statements: CSU, Chico – Surf Icon". Csuchico.edu. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "Unsolved Mysteries: Swept Away: The doomed sea crossing of a French baron". Outsideonline.com. 1 April 2011. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "I would be a better mistress than a wife , Mail Online". The Daily Mail. UK. 2 July 2006. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "Case Cold: Unsolved Mysteries". OutsideOnline.com. 1 April 2011. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "John Severson Surf Art Shows and Information". Surferart.com. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "Le Mari & le Père". Arnaudderosnay.com. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "Emmanuel De Buretel Appointed Chairman & Ceo Of EMI Recorded Music Continental Europe". Tourdates.co.uk. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
|This biographical article about a model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|