|Born||1957 (age 57–58)
Cleburne, Texas U.S.
|Period||1998 – present|
|Genre||Young Adult novel, Women's Fiction, Romance|
|Notable works||The Me I Used To Be, Sandwiched|
Jennifer Archer (born 1957) is an author of young adult/teen fiction, women's fiction and romance born in Cleburne, north central Texas. Her novels typically have strong female protagonists, and have been nominated for numerous awards.
Archer holds a bachelor's degree in Business Administration from West Texas A&M University, and after graduating she worked in the fields of oil and gas accounting, real estate management, and the pharmacy and medical equipment industries, before becoming a full-time writer. She is a frequent speaker on the topics of creative writing and pursuing dreams, and has presented numerous talks and workshops for educators, students, writers' organizations and bookstores. Her novels for adults have been published with Dorchester Publishing and Harlequin Books, and her novels for teens with Harper Teen. She is also the co-author of Happiness Rehab: 8 Creative Steps to a More Joyful Life
Body and Soul, Archer's debut novel, was released in 1999. Once Upon a Dream, her second novel, spent several weeks on Borders Books' bestseller list for Paranormal Romance, and was chosen by Amazon.com as one of the 'Best New Romances' for the month of January 2001, and was a 2001 P.E.A.R.L. Finalist (Paranormal Excellence Award in Romantic Literature). Archer finished in the finals twice in Romance Writers of America's Golden Heart competition, was a 2006 finalist for the prestigious Rita Award with her mainstream women’s fiction novel The Me I Used to Be, and her novel Sandwiched was a 2006 nominee for a Romantic Times Bookclub Magazine Reviewer’s Choice Award. The Texas Library Association selected her novel Through Her Eyes for the TAYSHAS high school reading list, and for the Spirit of Texas Reading Program - Middle School.
Archer currently resides in Amarillo, Texas.
- Body and Soul (1999). New York: Love Spell; Dorchester Pub. ISBN 0-505-52334-5 (Wink and a Kiss series)
- Once Upon a Dream (2001). New York: Love Spell; Dorchester Pub. ISBN 0-505-52418-X
- Shocking Behavior (2002). New York: Love Spell; Dorchester Pub. ISBN 0-505-52507-0
- Sandwiched (2005). Don Mills, Ont., Canada: Harlequin. ISBN 0-373-23034-6
- The Me I Used to Be (2005). Don Mills, Ont., Canada: Harlequin. ISBN 0-373-23044-3
- My Perfectly Imperfect Life (2006). Don Mills, Ont., Canada: Harlequin. ISBN 0-373-23064-8
- Off Her Rocker (2006). Don Mills, Ont.: Harlequin. ISBN 0-373-88103-7
- Annie on the Lam: A Christmas Caper (2007). Don Mills, Ont., Canada: Harlequin. ISBN 0-373-88148-7
- Through Her Eyes (2011). New York: HarperCollins. ISBN 0-06-183458-0
- The Shadow Girl (2013). New York: HarperCollins. ISBN 978-0061834608
- "Blame It on the Baby" (1999), in Eugenia Riley ; Kimberly Raye ; Jennifer Archer (eds.) New Year's Babies. New York: Dorchester Pub. Co. ISBN 0-505-52345-0
- "Breaking the Rules" (2003), in Katie MacAlister; Jennifer Archer; Sheridon Smythe (eds.) Heat Wave. New York: Dorchester Pub. Co. ISBN 0-505-52539-9
- A Mother's Day (2007, with Susan Mallery). Richmond: Mills & Boon. ISBN 0-263-85552-X
- "Hannah's Hugs" (2008), in Linda Lael Miller, Sherryl Woods, Curtiss Ann Matlock, Jennifer Archer, Kathleen O'Brien (eds.) More Than Words: Volume 4. New York: Harlequin. ISBN 0-373-83622-8
- Erwin, Travis (20 April 2009). "Author Interview - Jennifer Archer - A My Town Monday Post". One Word, One Rung, One Day. Blogspot. Retrieved 28 October 2009.
- Archer, Jennifer (January 2001). "Once upon a Dream (Mass Market Paperback)". Jennifer Archer: Books. Amazon.com. Retrieved 28 October 2009.
- Gentle, Desiree (31 August 2002). "Jennifer Archer". Author Reviews. ParaNormalRomance. Retrieved 28 October 2009.
- Kassl, Alex (31 August 2009). "2006 RITA Award Winners". RITA Award Winners. The Book Report. Retrieved 28 October 2009.
- Harris, Lynn Raye (March 2006). "Jennifer Archer" (PDF). Words of Paradise. Romance Writers of America. Retrieved 28 October 2009.