Jennifer Barnhart at UCONN in 1992
|Born||1972 (age 44–45)
Hamden, Connecticut, U.S.
|Occupation||Puppeteer, actress, voice-over talent|
|Notable work||Law & Order: SVU, Johnny and the Sprites, Exposing the Order of the Serpentine|
Jennifer Barnhart (born 1972) is an American puppeteer, actress and voice-over talent, with a portfolio of television and theatre performances. She is one of the very rarely seen left-handed puppeteers.
Barnhart made her Broadway debut in 2003 and is a featured performer in the Tony Award-winning musical Avenue Q, in which she also appeared Off-Broadway. She also stars as Cleo on PBS's literacy education series, Between the Lions, and performed the puppetry for Kanga and Owl on Disney Channel's The Book of Pooh. Barnhart is a Sesame Street Muppet performer who took over the roles of Mama Bear in 2001 and Gladys the Cow in 2002.
She appeared on screen as a puppeteer on Law & Order: SVU in May 2006, episode "Web". In regional theatre, she played the angel in Angels in America (Gallery Players), and Olivia in Twelfth Night and Cassie in Rumors (Connecticut Repertory Theatre). In 2011 she appeared as the police officer Randy Osteen in Tracy Letts's new play "Superior Donuts" at the Arden Theatre in Philadelphia. In 2010, she portrayed a Chicago Police Department Detective, Lorna Diamond, in the Law & Order: SVU episode, "Behave".
- Law & Order: SVU, 2010
- Johnny and the Sprites, 2007
- Law & Order: SVU, 2006
- Exposing the Order of the Serpentine, 2006
- Sesame Street, 2001-
- Oobi, 2003
- The Book of Pooh, 2001
- Between the Lions, 2000
- Bear in the Big Blue House, 1997
- Playbill interview, September 10, 2004, retrieved on 2008-07-24
- IMDb, Jennifer Barnhart, retrieved on 2006-06-23
- "Jen's Biography". Sesame Street.
- "Endless Possibilities with Puppets". Department of Theatre. University of Utah.
- Internet Broadway Database, Jennifer Barnhart, retrieved on 2006-08-08
- Avenue Q, cast, retrieved on 2008-07-24
- Zinman, Toby. "Superior Doughnuts: Worth a Dunk". Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 2011-03-23.