|Born||28 April 1991|
|Origin||Rüdesheim am Rhein, Germany|
Jennifer Braun (born 28 April 1991) is a German singer. She was runner-up at the talent show Unser Star für Oslo, Germany’s national pre-selection show for the Eurovision Song Contest 2010. Her first music single was "I Care for You".
Jennifer Braun was born on 28 April 1991 in Rüdesheim am Rhein and lives in Eltville, Germany. Her father works in industrial asset liquidation and her mother is a saleslady. Braun attends the Obermayr high school in Wiesbaden-Erbenheim. Until 2010, she had her most notable appearances as a singer with her band Rewind at town festivals and at the Wiesbaden wine festival. She took part in the seventh season's castings of Deutschland sucht den Superstar, the German edition of Pop Idol, however, she was eliminated after the first recall round.
2010: Unser Star für Oslo
In 2010, Braun applied for the talent show Unser Star für Oslo (Our Star for Oslo), a newly created national television programme to select the German entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 in Oslo. The show was organised by public broadcaster ARD and private television channel ProSieben, as well as entertainer and music producer Stefan Raab. Among 4,500 entrants, Braun was picked as one of the 20 contestants for the show.
Braun mostly performed well-known pop and rock ballads to reach the show's semi-final, in which she sang the rock song "Heavy Cross" by Gossip and Christina Aguilera's ballad "Hurt". The jury panel praised her powerful voice and her confident performances and she beat favoured contestant Christian Durstewitz to progress to the last show. In the final on 12 March 2010, Braun sang three songs specifically submitted for the contest, "Bee", "Satellite", and "I Care for You". Through televoting, the audience chose "I Care for You" to be her designated song in case she wins the show, however, she was defeated in the final vote by Lena Meyer-Landrut, the heavy favourite to win Unser Star für Oslo from the first night.
All songs performed in the final of Unser Star für Oslo were made available for digital download on iTunes Germany and Musicload.de the following day. Braun's "I Care for You" reached position number 10 in the German singles chart through digital downloads only, while her versions of "Bee" and "Satellite" reached the top 40 in Germany. "I Care for You" also charted in Austria.
|2nd show||"I'm Outta Love"||Anastacia|
|3rd show||"Like the Way I Do"||Melissa Etheridge|
|4th show||"I'm with You"||Avril Lavigne|
|5th show||"Ain't Nobody"||Chaka Khan|
|Natasha Bedingfield |
"I Care for You"
|Braun / Lena Meyer-Landrut|
Braun / Lena Meyer-Landrut
- Braun and Lena Meyer-Landrut both sang different versions of "Bee" and "Satellite" in the final
2010-present: First studio album
Braun was put under contract by Universal Music. She had her first major appearance outside Unser Star für Oslo on the show "Fernsehgarten" on 23 May 2010. She is currently working on her first album.
|Year||Song||Peak chart positions|
|2010||"I Care for You"||10||68||–|
- "I Care for You", "Bee" and "Satellite" charted simultaneously
- Unser Star für Oslo: Das ist Finalistin Jennifer Braun. Augsburger Allgemeine. 12 March 2010. Accessed 11 May 2010. (in German)
- Eltville feiert sein Wunder Archived 2010-04-18 at the Wayback Machine. Frankfurter Rundschau. 12 March 2010. Accessed 11 May 2010. (in German)
- Jennifer Braun: Vom Weinfest nach Europa?. Lausitzer Rundschau. 11 March 2010. Accessed 11 May 2010. (in German)
- Von Bohlen verstoßen, von Raab adoptiert Archived 2011-07-19 at the Wayback Machine. BZ. 25 February 2010. Accessed 11 May 2010. (in German)
- Klier, Marcus. Germany sends Lena Meyer-Landrut to the Eurovision Song Contest Archived 2010-03-14 at the Wayback Machine. ESCToday.com. 12 March 2010. Accessed 24 March 2010.
- PhonoNet GmbH. Jennifer Braun Chartverfolgung Musicline.de. Accessed March 23, 2010. (in German)
- Hung Medien. Discographie Jennifer Braun. Austriancharts.at. Accessed 25 April 2010. (in German)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jennifer Braun.|