Jennifer Cohen (fitness)
|Occupation||Personal trainer, television personality|
Jennifer Cohen (born September 16, 1975) is a fitness personality, author and body image consultant living in Los Angeles, California. She was recently named in "Greatest" 100 most influential people in Health and Fitness and #16 Most Impactful Fitness Entrepreneurs on Web MD. Cohen is consistently featured in national health, lifestyle and entertainment publications, including; People, Cosmopolitan, Woman’s Health, and in newspapers such as the Los Angeles Times and Washington Post. Cohen has two regular columns in Forbes and Entrepreneur which have garnered a loyal readership and are widely considered the most popular on these respective sites.
Cohen is from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and she has degrees in Psychology from the University of Manitoba, a Diploma (Corrected from Masters as it is not classified as a Masters Program) in Sports Marketing from George Brown College in Toronto, and numerous fitness certifications. Cohen began her career as a personal trainer focusing on workouts that can be done with little or no equipment outside of a gym and continues this philosophy of integrating fitness into everyday life. Cohen's philosophy of an everyday approach and realistic expectations is the focus of her first book, "No Gym Required: Unleash Your Inner Rockstar." Her articles and quotes have appeared in Redbook, People and Perez Hilton's fitness-centric website FitPerez.
Cohen's work goes beyond training. She is the lifestyle and fitness spokesperson and consultant for world class brands including Muscle Milk, Polar Heart Rate Monitors, KIND Bar, and Weight Watchers. She was a cofounder of Hot 5, a very popular fitness app that ranked #1 in the Apple App store and was acquired by Weight Watchers in 2015. As Weight Watchers’ overall fitness spokesperson, In 2014 Cohen released her third series of DVDs that hit stores nationwide and became a best seller in all major retail outlets including Target and Costco. Cohen has a total of 9 DVD's with WW.
Cohen is the President and CEO of her own fitness and wellness brand NGR – No Gym Required – offering products and services based on her anytime, anywhere – no excuses philosophy. The company is best known for its wellness toning shoe, which is the only sneaker to use removable weighted soles. The shoes have hundreds of thousands of fans, including, Courtney Cox, Jennifer Garner, David Beckham, and Jennifer Aniston. The shoe company was acquired in 2011.
Cohen's latest book with Random House launched Sept, 16th, 2014 - Strong is the New Skinny and reached #2 on the Bestsellers List. Her first bestselling book, No Gym Required – Release Your Inner Rock Star (2009), outlines her no-nonsense approach to fitness and health, and serves as an overall healthy lifestyle guide. The book includes fitness plans and workouts that utilize a variety of moves that can be incorporated into any schedule anytime, anywhere.
Cohen began working with Weight Watchers in Spring 2011. She became a spokesperson for the Weight Watchers Walk -It Challenge, a 5k walk in LA and various locations throughout the United States on May 22, 2011. In February 2012, the Weight Watchers Points Plus Fitness Series were made available to weight watchers members. The 5 DVD set featured Cohen and her workouts.
Dr Drew's Lifechangers
Cohen is a reoccurring guest on Dr Drew's Lifechangers, a daytime talk show hosted by board certified internist and relationship expert Dr. Drew Pinsky. In August 2011 Cohen began blogging for the show about various body image issues.
Cohen is an Op/Ed columnist on Forbes.com since March 2012. Her articles are focused on executives and entrepreneurs, and offer tips to boost productivity through improved health and wellness. Her articles are often at the top of the most viewed section of Op/Ed.
Jennifer Cohen is a contributing author to Men's Fitness' column The Rack since 2012. Some of her more popular articles include "3 Reasons Men Should Do Yoga", "5 Things Muscle Activation Technique (MAT) Training Can Do for Your Body"  and "Can Masturbation Help You Lose Weight?" 
Momentum by Iron
In 2013, launched and became the manager of Momentum by Iron, a workout studio in Santa Monica, California. Momentum by Iron was named one of "L.A.'s Four Hot New Sweat Dens" by The Hollywood Reporter.
Jennifer Cohen is a weekly columnist on Health.com. Her topics focus on fitness, with lists of exercises to target specific body parts or goals, and new trends in the fitness industry. Her articles have been republished on the Huffington Post and on ABC News.com.
Cohen writes wellness-related columns for Entrepreneur.com and has been able to garner a loyal readership. These articles mainly focus on stress, weight-loss, and success.
- Jennifer Cohen to Visit Aviva, 04 February 2009, http://www.aviva.ca/news_article.asp?newsid=82
- Celebrated Alumni: Arts Celebrating Arts 2010, http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/arts/alumni/homecoming2008.html
- Shaw, Gina "Need to Lose a Few Pounds Fast? Here's How" http://www.redbookmag.com/health-wellness/advice/need-to-lose-a-few-pounds-fast-heres-how-460846
- Nahas, Aili "Shedding For The Wedding: Their Big Day", PEOPLE, 2 May 2011
- How To Lose Annoying Back Fat, http://fitperez.com/?s=jennifer+cohen&x=0&y=0
- Gedan Spence, Gail "Get Fit Friday: Talking walking with trainer Jennifer Cohen" 20 April 2011, http://www.shrinkingsisters.com/shrinking_sisters/2011/04/get-fit-friday-talking-walking-with-trainer-jennifer-cohen.html
- Hum, Mary Elizabeth, "A Workout for Every Woman" accessed 23 February 2012 http://signup.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=167671&sc=3405
- Meet the Lifechangers: Body Image Expert Jennifer Cohen http://www.lctv.com/lifechanger_bios/jennifer_cohen.php
- Cohen, Jennifer "Emotional Fitness -- How Many Calories Does That Burn?" http://www.lctv.com/blogs/emotional_fitness_how_many_calories_does_that_burn.php
- Most Popular Today, Forbes.com https://www.forbes.com/opinions/
- http://www.mensfitness.com/authors/jennifer-cohen, accessed 13 February 2013
- http://www.mensfitness.com/training/3-reasons-men-should-do-yoga accessed 13 February 2013
- http://www.mensfitness.com/training/5-things-muscle-activation-technique-mat-training-can-do-for-your-body accessed 13 February 2013
- http://www.mensfitness.com/training/lose-weight/can-masturbating-help-you-lose-weight accessed 13 February 2013
- 11 January 2013, Chang, Jade "L.A.'s 4 Hot New Sweat Dens Revealed," http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/las-4-hot-new-sweat-410953 accessed 13 February 2013
- List of Jennifer Cohen articles and citations, http://search.health.com/results.html?Ntt=jennifer+cohen
- "3 Bad Habits Fit People Don't Have" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/20/bad-habits-fitness_n_3612853.html
- "4 Ways to get Rid of Back Fat" http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/ways-rid-back-fat/story?id=19904797