Jennifer Cramblett incident
|Location||Ohio, United States|
The Jennifer Cramblett incident took place in Ohio, United States in 2014, when Jennifer Cramblett, a white woman in a lesbian relationship, gave birth to a multiracial female child. Cramblett had requested a sperm donor from a Caucasian man and instead was impregnated by the sperm donated by an African American man.
In the law suit Cramblett said she the incident was "an unplanned transracial parent-child relationship for which she was not, and is not, prepared."
Cramblett also claimed the law suit was "not about race".
- Rodriguez, Meredith (October 1, 2014). "Lawsuit: Wrong sperm delivered to lesbian couple". Chicago Tribune.
- Mullin, Joe (April 25, 2016). "White woman sues sperm bank—again—after getting black man's sperm". Ars Technica.
- Bever, Lindsey (October 2, 2014). "White woman sues sperm bank after she mistakenly gets black donor's sperm". The Washington Post.
- Lewin, Tamar (July 21, 2016). "Sperm Banks Accused of Losing Samples and Lying About Donors". The New York Times.
- Dixon, Briana (October 10, 2014). "Black Children Need Safe and Healthy Environments, Not Lawsuits About Sperm Donors". Rewire.News.
- McKnight, Matthew (October 14, 2014). "The Ohio Sperm-Bank Controversy: A New Case for Reparations?". The New Yorker.
- "Woman accidentally impregnated with black man's sperm has legal case dismissed". The Guardian. Ohio. Associated Press. September 5, 2015.
- Bindel, Julie (October 3, 2014). "Designer babies? It looks like racism and eugenics to me". The Guardian.
- Bellware, Kim (October 2, 2014). "White Woman Who Sued Sperm Bank Over Black Baby Says It's Not About Race". HuffPost.