Esposito at the premiere of the movie Sunday in 2008.
April 11, 1973 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Education||Moore Catholic High School|
|Occupation||Actress, Author, Baker, Health Advocate, Businesswoman|
|Spouse(s)||Bradley Cooper (m. 2006; div. 2007)
Louis Dowler (m. 2014; div. 2016)
Jennifer Esposito (born April 11, 1973) is an American actress and author. Esposito is perhaps best known for her appearances in the feature films Crash, Summer of Sam, Don't Say a Word, and Welcome to Collinwood. Esposito has also appeared in several television series, most notably Spin City, Related, Samantha Who?, Blue Bloods, and Mistresses. From 2016 to 2017, Esposito played Special Agent Alexandra Quinn on the CBS television series NCIS.
Esposito was born in New York City, the second of two daughters of Phyllis, an interior decorator, and Robert Esposito, a computer consultant and music producer. She is of Italian (Neapolitan) descent. She was raised on Staten Island and is a graduate of Moore Catholic High School.
Esposito made her first television appearance in Law & Order in 1996. She then joined the cast of Spin City, where she appeared for two seasons. She also appeared in I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. One of her more notable roles was as "Ruby" in Spike Lee's Summer of Sam in 1999, which was set against the late-1970s backdrop of the Son of Sam murders. Esposito's next films included Wes Craven Presents: Dracula 2000, The Master of Disguise, the 2004 comedy Taxi, and the Academy Award-winning film Crash, in which she played Don Cheadle's girlfriend 'Ria'.
In 2010, Esposito joined the cast of the CBS drama Blue Bloods playing the role of Detective Jackie Curatola, the partner of Detective Danny Reagan (played by Donnie Wahlberg). In the third season, Esposito was diagnosed with celiac disease, and after collapsing on set, Esposito informed CBS that her condition would limit her availability to work on the series. Rather than work around her limited schedule, Blue Bloods producers chose to write her character out of the series in 2012.
In 2014, she joined the NBC series Taxi Brooklyn. On April 22, 2014, Da Capo Lifelong Books published Esposito's first book Jennifer's Way, a detailed look into her personal struggle with celiac disease before and after she was diagnosed and the things she did to survive. The book made The New York Times Best Sellers list on July 6, 2014.
In 2015, Esposito signed a one-year deal to play the role of Calista Raines in the ABC drama series Mistresses, and it was reported that she was a cast member on the CBS pilot Taxi-22, opposite John Leguizamo. She played Dominic West's sister in the hit Showtime series The Affair for three episodes.
In 2016, it was announced Esposito would join the cast of NCIS as Special Agent Alexandra "Alex" Quinn, an experienced agent who left field work and became an instructor at the Law Enforcement Training Center. NCIS leader, Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), will lure Quinn back into the field as part of his team where he will take advantage of her sharp wit, quick mind and immense talent as a federal agent. Upon joining the cast of NCIS as Special Agent Alex Quinn, NCIS executive producer Gary Glasberg said, "We couldn't be happier to have Jennifer Esposito joining us for season 14. She embodies everything that we hoped for in the character of Quinn and we can't wait to have her come be a part of our team". In June of 2017 it was announced that this would be her only season.
Esposito appeared on the September 10, 2016 episode of Oprah: Where Are They Now? where she said her doctor had her hospitalized in a psych ward. She said the hospitalization happened during the time she was an actress on the show Samantha Who?
In May 2014, Esposito announced her engagement to British model Louis Dowler, who was previously in a relationship with English actress Kate Winslet. They married on November 16, 2014 in New York City. It was reported in March 2016 that Esposito had filed for divorce from Dowler.
|1997||A Brother's Kiss||Lucy|
|1997||Kiss Me, Guido||Debbie|
|1997||A Brooklyn State of Mind||Donna Delgrosso|
|1998||No Looking Back||Teresa|
|1998||He Got Game||Ms. Janus|
|1998||Charlie Hoboken||Girl in church|
|1998||I Still Know What You Did Last Summer||Nancy|
|1999||Summer of Sam||Ruby|
|1999||Just One Time||Michelle|
|2001||Backflash||Olive Dee "Harley" Klintucker||Direct-to-video|
|2001||Proposal, TheThe Proposal||Susan Reese|
|2001||Don't Say a Word||Det. Sandra Cassidy|
|2001||Beyond the City Limits||Helena Toretti|
|2002||Welcome to Collinwood||Carmela|
|2002||Master of Disguise, TheThe Master of Disguise||Jennifer Baker|
|2004||Breakin' All the Rules||Rita Monroe|
|2004||Crash||Ria||Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
Satellite Award for Best Cast – Motion Picture
|2004||Taxi||Lt. Marta Robbins|
|2006||Jesus, Mary and Joey||Frankie Vitello|
|2009||Four Single Fathers||Suzanne|
|2012||Bending the Rules||Olivia Garcia|
|2014||She's Funny That Way||Margie|
|1995||City, TheThe City||Connie Soleito||Unknown episodes|
|1996||The Sunshine Boys||Jeannie||Television film|
|1996||Law & Order||Gina Tucci||Episode: "Good Girl"|
|1997||Feds||Flo||Episode: "Crash and Burn"|
|1997–1999||Spin City||Stacey Paterno||Main role (seasons 2–3); 46 episodes|
|1998||New York Undercover||Gina Stone||3 episodes|
|2000||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Sara Logan||Episode: "Remorse"|
|2004–2005||Judging Amy||Louann "Crystal" Turner||Recurring role; 8 episodes|
|2005||Snow Wonder||Pilar||Television film|
|2005–2006||Related||Ginnie Sorelli||Main role; 18 episodes|
|2006||Law & Order||Justine Bailey||Episode: "In Vino Veritas"|
|2007||Rescue Me||Nona||5 episodes|
|2007–2009||Samantha Who?||Andrea Belladonna||Main role; 35 episodes|
|2010||The Wish List||Sarah||Television film|
|2010||Mercy||Jules Fattore||2 episodes|
|2010–2012||Blue Bloods||Detective Jackie Curatola||Main role (seasons 1–3); 46 episodes|
|2011–2012||The Looney Tunes Show||Tina Russo (voice)||5 episodes|
|2014||Taxi Brooklyn||Monica Pena||Main role; 12 episodes|
|2015||Mistresses||Calista Raines||Main role (season 3); 12 episodes|
|2015—16||The Affair||Nina Solloway||Supporting role (seasons 2–3)|
|2016–2017||NCIS||NCIS Special Agent Alexandra "Alex" Quinn||Main role (Season 14)|
|2009||Broadroom, TheThe Broadroom||Roan||Main role; 4 episodes|
- Jennifer Esposito. "AskMen.com — Jennifer Esposito". Ca.askmen.com. Retrieved 2010-04-11.
- "Jennifer Esposito Biography (1973?-)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2010-04-11.
- Berg, S.Z. (September 25, 2012). "Jennifer Esposito Takes on a New Leading Role: Celiac Advocate". Huffington Post.
- Gostin, Nicki (21 May 2014). "Jennifer Esposito: Society doesn't get me - Fox News". Fox News. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- "Jennifer Esposito Opening A Bakery". contactmusic.com. 28 October 2011.
- "'Blue Bloods Jennifer Esposito is engaged, talks celiac disease". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- "Jennifer Esposito's celiac story". jennifersway.org. 28 February 2014. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- "Did Jennifer Esposito Trash Her Ex Bradley Cooper? - Celebuzz". Celebuzz. 12 May 2014. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Elavsky, Cindy (15 September 2014). "Celebrity Extra". downriversundaytimes.com. King Features. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- "Jennifer's Way - Learn to Live Again...Gluten Free". jennifersway.org. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- Gomez, Patrick (10 February 2015). "Jennifer Esposito Joins the Cast of Mistresses". people.com. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- Li, Shirley (25 September 2015). "Mistresses will return for a fourth season, but without Jennifer Esposito". ew.com. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Fall TV pilots 2015: Full list". ew.com. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- Nellie Andreeva. "Chris Smith, Lenny Venito & Sahr Ngaujah Among Additions To ‘Taxi-22’ Pilot Cast". Deadline. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "‘The Affair’ Season 2, Episode 4: A Bad Day for Everyone". The New York Times. 25 October 2015. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "The Affair". 12 October 2014. Retrieved 12 September 2016 – via IMDb.
- "Jennifer's Story". eclairnaturals.com. Archived from the original on 2016-04-08. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "'NCIS' adds Jennifer Esposito, promotes Duane Henry". ew.com. Retrieved 2016-07-12.
- "Jennifer Esposito Joins NCIS As Special Agent Alexandra "Alex" Quinn - CBS.com". cbs.com. Retrieved 2016-07-12.
- "WATCH: Jennifer Esposito on How a Terrifying Medical Ordeal Escalated from Losing Her Eyelashes to Landing in Psychiatric Care". people.com. People. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- "Jennifer Esposito recalls moment she was checked into psychiatric ward". dailymail.co.uk. Mail Online. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Sieczkowski, Cavan (9 September 2016). "Jennifer Esposito's Psych Ward Experience Is Truly Scary". huffingtonpost.com. Huffington Post. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Jordan, Julie. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Esposito Marry, People, January 4, 2007. Retrieved July 21, 2008.
- Fromm, Emily. Jennifer Esposito, Bradley Cooper Split, People, May 2, 2007. Retrieved July 21, 2008.
- Reardanz, Karen (2007-08-28). "Daily Dish : Esposito/Cooper Marriage Dissolved". SFGate. Retrieved 2010-04-11.
- "Mark Philippoussis engaged to Jennifer Esposito". The Sunday Telegraph. October 11, 2009.
- "Did Mark Philippoussis and Jennifer Esposito call off their engagement?". Popsugar.com.au. August 31, 2010. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- Joyce Eng. "Jennifer Esposito Engaged to Mark Philippoussis". TVGuide.com.
- "'Blue Bloods Jennifer Esposito is engaged, talks celiac disease". Los Angeles Times. 2 May 2014. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "Bradley Cooper dissed as 'master manipulator' by ex-wife Jennifer Esposito?". msn.com. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "Jennifer Esposito Is Married! Actress Weds Love Louis Dowler". Us Weekly. November 18, 2014. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- "Jennifer Esposito reportedly skips town amid $43 million lawsuit". foxnews.com. Fox News. 27 May 2016. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
She is also in the middle of divorcing her second husband and investor Dowler. She was previously married to American actor Bradley Cooper, and she was engaged two more times before she married Dowler in 2014.