|Education||Harvard University, Harvard Business School|
|Occupation||Cofounder and CEO, Rent The Runway|
Jennifer Hyman is the CEO and co-founder of Rent the Runway, a fashion and technology/logistics company.
Early life and education
Hyman participates in national conferences and panel discussions regarding topics covering the economy, women in business and company culture. Some of her past speaking engagements include NRF Foundation's "Retail’s Big Show" WWD's Digital Forum and the 99U Conference.
In May 2018, Hyman published a New York Times op-ed titled "Treating Workers Fairly at Rent the Runway," in which she announced that the company would equalize benefits across its salaried and hourly employees. RTR team members in the company's warehouse and stores and on its customer service team receive the same parental leave, family sick leave, bereavement leave and sabbatical packages as the company's corporate employees.
- "HuffPost". HuffPost. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- Persad, Michelle (2015-12-16). "How Two Harvard Grads Made It Possible To Rent The Runway". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- Wortham, Jenna (2009-11-09). "A Netflix Model For Haute Couture". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- Davis, Ellen, "In their own words: Highlights from Retail's BIG Show Student Program 2013", "Retail's BIG Blog", February 19, 2013
- Steigrad, Alexandra, "Making the Right Impression", "WWD", February 14, 2013
- "Neil Blumenthal & Jenn Hyman: Why Transparency & Openness Wins", "99U"
- Balakrishnan, Anita (2017-07-17). "This start-up CEO says she was harassed — and she's calling on VCs to fix the problem in tech". CNBC. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- Hyman, Jennifer Y. (2018-05-06). "Opinion: Treating Workers Fairly at Rent the Runway". The New York Times (editorial). ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- "Board of Directors". www.elcompanies.com. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- "New women.nyc advisory board enlists dynamic NYC leaders to further women's economic advancement". women.nyc. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- "40 Under 40", "Fortune", October 17, 2012 Archived October 14, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Jennifer Hyman: The 100 Most Influential People of 2019". TIME. Retrieved 2020-09-22.