|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Meyer with her then-husband Tobey Maguire, 2007
April 23, 1977 |
Los Angeles, California
|Spouse(s)||Tobey Maguire (m. 2007; div. 2017)|
Meyer is the daughter of Ronald Meyer, who currently serves as the vice chairman of NBC Universal, and was previously the president and CEO of Universal Studios. Her mother is Ronald Meyer's first wife, Ellen. Her stepfather from her mother's remarriage is Rabbi David Baron (head of the Temple Shalom for the Arts), and her stepmother from her father's remarriage is Kelly Chapman. She got her start in jewelry making alongside her grandmother Edith Meyer, who began teaching Jennifer how to make enamel jewelry when she was six years old. Meyer studied psychology at Syracuse University then worked in public relations with fashion houses Giorgio Armani and Ralph Lauren.
Jewelry of Jennifer Meyer
Meyer returned to her jewelry making roots in 2004 when, frustrated by a search for a leaf charm for a necklace, she decided to make her own. After taking several jewelry making classes and consulting with other jewelers, Meyer designed her trademark leaf-shaped 18-karat gold charm, which to her represents "turn[ing] over a new leaf". Meyer has extensive Hollywood connections. Her father is Universal Studios President Ron Meyer and her ex husband is actor Tobey Maguire. Her jewelry made its national debut when a stylist picked out one of Meyer's leaf pendants for Jennifer Aniston to wear in The Break-Up. The exposure led to Meyer founding her own company, Jennifer Meyer Jewelry, and her line of rings, charms, pendants, and necklaces is distributed through such luxury stores as Barneys New York and Net-a-Porter.com. She was named 2007 Jeweler of the Year in the Us Magazine "Hot Hollywood Style" issue. Her heart-shaped locket adorns the neck of Kirsten Dunst's character, Mary Jane Watson, as a gift from her boyfriend, Peter Parker, (Tobey Maguire) in Spider-Man 3. In 2012 Jennifer Meyer Jewelry received an award from the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund,  and in 2013 Jennifer Meyer was nominated for the CFDA Swarovski Award for Accessories Design. In 2015 Jennifer designed the wedding ring for Jennifer Aniston’s marriage to Justin Theroux, and the company commemorated their 10-year anniversary collaborating with Barneys on a 12-piece ready-to-wear Fall collection—Barneys New York XO Jennifer Meyer.
Meyer met Tobey Maguire in 2003 while he was shooting the movie Seabiscuit at Universal Studios, and they became engaged in April 2006. Their daughter Ruby Sweetheart Maguire was born November 10, 2006. Ruby's middle name comes from a childhood nickname of Meyer's given to her by her grandmother, who died a few months before Ruby's birth. Meyer and Maguire married on September 3, 2007, in Kona, Hawaii. Their second child, son Otis Tobias Maguire, was born on May 8, 2009. In October 2016 Maguire and Meyer announced they were separating.
- Army Archerd. "Banderas ponders ‘Zorro’ sequel". Variety.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (August 30, 2012). "Environmental Media Awards to Honor Elon Musk, Kelly Chapman Meyer (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- Jennifer Meyer Sparkles, published July 12, 2006; retrieved May 1, 2007.
- Sunshine Girl, published Fall 2006; retrieved May 1, 2007.
- "The Hot Hollywood Style Special", publication date May 7, 2007.
- The Secrets of Spider-Man 3, Premiere Magazine, January/February 2007 issue, retrieved May 1, 2007.
- CFDA. "CFDA". CFDA.
- "The 2012 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards". Vogue.
- CFDA. "CFDA". CFDA.
- "Rodarte Fetes Jennifer Meyer’s CFDA Nomination". Vogue.
- Boone, John (August 20, 2015). "Let's All Swoon Over Jennifer Aniston's Wedding Ring!". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- Medina, Marcy (November 2, 2015). "Jennifer Meyer Links With Barneys for First RTW Capsule". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- Tobey Maguire, Jennifer Meyer Have A Girl, People Magazine, published November 11, 2006; retrieved May 1, 2007
- "Tobey Maguire Marries Jennifer Meyer in Hawaii". PEOPLE.com.
- Loinaz, Alexis L. "Tobey Maguire and Wife Jennifer Meyer Split After 9 Years of Marriage". People magazine. Time Inc. Retrieved 3 December 2016.