(m. 2007; div. 2020)
Meyer was born to a Jewish family in Los Angeles, California. She is the daughter of Ronald Meyer, who was the vice-chairman of NBC Universal until August 18, 2020, and was previously the president and CEO of Universal Studios. Her mother is Ronald Meyer's first wife, Ellen. Her stepfather is Rabbi David Baron (head of the Temple Shalom for the Arts), and her stepmother is Kelly Chapman. She got her start making jewelry alongside her grandmother, Edith Meyer, who began teaching Jennifer how to make enamel jewelry when she was six years old.
Jennifer Meyer Jewelry
Meyer returned to her jewelry making roots and created her eponymous jewelry line in 2003. In 2004 when she designed her trademark leaf-shaped 18-karat gold charm, which to her represents "turn[ing] over a new leaf". Her jewelry made its national debut when a Hollywood stylist picked out one of Meyer's leaf pendants for Jennifer Aniston to wear in The Break-Up in 2006.
The exposure led to Meyer founding her own company, Jennifer Meyer Jewelry, and her line of rings, charms, pendants, and necklaces is distributed through such luxury stores as Barneys New York and Net-a-Porter.com. She was named 2007 Jeweler of the Year in the Us Magazine "Hot Hollywood Style" issue. Her heart-shaped locket adorns the neck of Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst) as a gift from her boyfriend, Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire), in Spider-Man 3. In 2012, Jennifer Meyer Jewelry received an award from the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund, and in 2013 Meyer was nominated for the CFDA Swarovski Award for Accessories Design. In 2015, she designed the wedding ring for Jennifer Aniston's marriage to Justin Theroux, and the company commemorated their ten-year anniversary collaborating with Barneys on a twelve-piece ready-to-wear Fall collection, Barneys New York XO Jennifer Meyer.
- In 2017 she was named on Hollywood's Top 20 Red Carpet Designers of 2017.
- In 2018 Meyer opened her first brick-and-mortar boutique as part of the Caruso Palisades Project and launched e-commerce on her website.
- In 2018, in response to the devastating Woolsey Fire in Malibu, Meyer donated 25% of one week of Jennifer Meyer Jewelry's online and in-store sales to Baby2Baby, a charity working to help families impacted by the California fires.
Meyer met actor Tobey Maguire in 2003, while he was shooting Seabiscuit at Universal Studios, and they became engaged in April 2006. Their daughter was born November 10, 2006. Meyer and Maguire married on September 3, 2007, in Kona, Hawaii. Their second child, a son, was born on May 8, 2009. In October 2016, Maguire and Meyer announced their separation. They officially separated in 2016. On October 30, 2020, Meyer filed for divorce.
- Bloom, Nate (November 24, 2009). "Interfaith Celebrities: 2012". InterfaithFamily. Archived from the original on June 12, 2018.
Maguire has been married to Jennifer Meyer, 30, who is Jewish, since 2007... Jennifer Meyer is his daughter with his ex-wife, Ellen Meyer. Ellen is now married to Rabbi David Baron, the chief rabbi of the star-laden Temple Shalom for the Arts in Los Angeles
- Army Archerd. "Banderas ponders 'Zorro' sequel". Variety.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (August 30, 2012). "Environmental Media Awards to Honor Elon Musk, Kelly Chapman Meyer (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- Jennifer Meyer Sparkles Archived 2009-01-24 at the Wayback Machine, published July 12, 2006; retrieved May 1, 2007.
- "Jewelry Designer Jennifer Meyer on How the Jennifer Aniston Effect Changed Her Life Overnight". thriveglobal.com. Retrieved 2020-01-30.
- Sunshine Girl Archived 2007-01-25 at the Wayback Machine, published Fall 2006; retrieved May 1, 2007.
- "The Hot Hollywood Style Special", publication date May 7, 2007.
- The Secrets of Spider-Man 3 Archived 2007-06-04 at the Wayback Machine, Premiere Magazine, January/February 2007 issue, retrieved May 1, 2007.
- CFDA. "CFDA".
- "The 2012 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards". Vogue.
- CFDA. "CFDA".
- "Rodarte Fetes Jennifer Meyer's CFDA Nomination". Vogue.
- Boone, John (August 20, 2015). "Let's All Swoon Over Jennifer Aniston's Wedding Ring!". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- Medina, Marcy (November 2, 2015). "Jennifer Meyer Links With Barneys for First RTW Capsule". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- "Hollywood's Top 20 Red Carpet Designers of 2017". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2020-01-30.
- Medina, Marcy (2017-09-11). "Jennifer Meyer to Open First Store at Palisades Village by Caruso". WWD. Retrieved 2020-01-30.
- "Jennifer Meyer". Jennifer Meyer. Retrieved 2018-11-16.
- Tobey Maguire, Jennifer Meyer Have A Girl, People Magazine, published November 11, 2006; retrieved May 1, 2007
- "Tobey Maguire Marries Jennifer Meyer in Hawaii". PEOPLE.com.
- Loinaz, Alexis L. "Tobey Maguire and Wife Jennifer Meyer Split After 9 Years of Marriage". People. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "Jennifer Meyer Files for Divorce from Tobey Maguire". extratv.com. 30 October 2020.