|Born||New York City|
|Notable awards||[Alice Fay di Castagnola Award|
Jennifer Militello is an American poet and professor. She is author of the chapbook, Anchor Chain, Open Sail (Finishing Line Press, 2006). Her first full-length collection of poetry, Flinch of Song, was published in 2009 by Tupelo Press, and won the Tupelo Press/Crazyhorse First Book Prize. Her second collection, Body Thesaurus, was named a finalist for the Poetry Society of America's Alice Fay di Castagnola Award by Marilyn Hacker in 2010.
Militello was born in New York City and raised in Rhode Island. She has taught at Brown University, the Rhode Island School of Design, and the University of Massachusetts Lowell. She is currently teaching at River Valley Community College in Claremont, New Hampshire, and living in Goffstown, New Hampshire.
Her poetry can be found in literary journals and magazines including AGNI, The Kenyon Review, The New Republic, The North American Review, The Paris Review, The Virginia Quarterly Review, Boston Review and in anthologies including Best New Poets 2008 (University of Virginia Press, 2008).
Militello's honors include grants and fellowships from the New Hampshire State Council on the Arts, the Barbara Deming Memorial Fund, Writers at Work, and the Millay Colony for the Arts. She is a Ruskin Art Club Poetry Award recipient and five-time Pushcart Prize nominee.
- Flinch of Song, Tupelo Press; November 1, 2009, ISBN 1932195769
- Body Thesaurus, Tupelo Press, May 31, 2013, ISBN 978-1936797288
- Tupelo Press. "Tupelo Press — Flinch of Song by Jennifer Militello". tupelopress.org. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- Tupelo Press. "Tupelo Press — Jennifer Militello". tupelopress.org. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Jennifer Militello". jennifermilitello.com. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "NH Arts - Poet Laureate". nh.gov. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "AGNI Online: Summary of Roots by Jennifer Militello". bu.edu. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Writers, Quotes, Interviews, Artist, Biography - Paris Review". theparisreview.org. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- VQR > Search > Militello
- Boston Review > July/August 2008 > Interview under Hypnosis by Jennifer Militello
|This American poet–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|