Killing of Jennifer Servo
September 23, 1979
|Died||September 16, 2002 (aged 22)|
|Occupation||News anchor, reporter|
|KPAX-TV, KECI-TV, KRBC-TV|
Jennifer Lynn Servo (born Jennifer Lynn Olson, September 23, 1979 – September 16, 2002) was an American news reporter whose murder remains unsolved. Servo worked as a news reporter at KPAX-TV in Missoula during her freshman year in college at the University of Montana, and later at KECI-TV, which serves most of western Montana.
Servo graduated from Columbia Falls High School in 1998; a scholarship was established in Servo's name at the school after her death. Servo stated that she had the ambition to be "the next Katie Couric" and to work for a large news network. Servo graduated from the University of Montana in May 2002.
Servo was offered her first full-time news reporter job from KRBC-TV in Abilene, Texas. Just months after she began working at KRBC, she was found murdered by strangulation and head trauma in her Abilene apartment. Servo's boyfriend at the time, Ralph Sepulveda, became a prime suspect. Brian Travers, Servo's co-worker at KRBC, also became a suspect. The case remains unsolved and no arrests have been made.
Servo's story was also in the September 2003 issue of Cosmopolitan magazine.
- "r/UnresolvedMysteries - [Unresolved Murder] The murder of 22-year-old anchorwoman Jennifer Servo". reddit. Retrieved 2019-11-01.
- "Fugitives | Unknown Jennifer Servo killer | Case". AMW. Archived from the original on March 8, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "University of Montana School of Journalism". Umt.edu. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- Martz, Geoff (2007-09-11). "'She Could Have Gone Anywhere She Wanted to' - ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "Deadline For Justice". www.cbsnews.com. Retrieved 2019-11-01.
- "Specialists to look at Servo murder case » Abilene Reporter-News". Reporternews.com. Archived from the original on February 17, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "Jennifer Servo had two boyfriends – Ralph Sepulveda & Brian Travers | Celebgalz.com :: Hottest News". Celebgalz.com. 2008-08-21. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- KECI Staff (2013-09-19). "Jennifer Servo's murder still unsolved after 11 years". KECI. Retrieved 2019-11-01.
- "Deadline For Justice". CBS News. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "Episode 1: Let me introduce you... - Justice...Delayed (podcast)". Listen Notes. Retrieved 2019-11-01.