September 23, 1979
Columbia Falls, Montana
|Died||September 16, 2002
|Occupation||News Anchor, Reporter|
|Notable credit(s)||KPAX-TV, KECI-TV, KRBC-TV|
Jennifer Lynn Servo, born Jennifer Lynn Olson, (September 23, 1979 in Columbia Falls, Montana – September 16, 2002 in Abilene, Texas). Jennifer Servo worked as a news reporter at KPAX-TV in Missoula during her freshman year in college at the University of Montana, and later at KECI-TV, which serves most of western Montana.
Servo graduated from Columbia Falls High School in 1998; a scholarship was established in Servo’s name at the school after her death. The Jennifer Servo Memorial Scholarship is presented to a senior who wants to go into broadcast news. Servo stated many times that she had the ambition to be the next Katie Couric and to work for one of the big networks. Servo graduated from University of Montana in May 2002.
Servo was offered her first full-time news reporter job from KRBC-TV in Abilene, Texas. Just months after she began working at KRBC, she was found murdered by strangulation and head trauma in her Abilene apartment. Servo's boyfriend at the time, Ralph Sepulveda, became a prime suspect. Brian Travers, Servo's co-worker at KRBC, also became a suspect. The case remains unsolved and no arrests have been made.
Jennifer's story was also in the September 2003 issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine
- "Fugitives | Unknown Jennifer Servo killer | Case". AMW. Archived from the original on March 8, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "University of Montana School of Journalism". Umt.edu. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- Martz, Geoff (2007-09-11). "'She Could Have Gone Anywhere She Wanted to' - ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "Specialists to look at Servo murder case » Abilene Reporter-News". Reporternews.com. Archived from the original on February 17, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "Jennifer Servo had two boyfriends – Ralph Sepulveda & Brian Travers | Celebgalz.com :: Hottest News". Celebgalz.com. 2008-08-21. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "Deadline For Justice". CBS News. Retrieved 2012-09-18.