Jennifer Smith (basketball)
|Born||April 10, 1982|
Jennifer Smith (born April 10, 1982) is a former American basketball player. She played college basketball at the University of Michigan from 2000 to 2004 and holds the Michigan Wolverines women's basketball single-season scoring record with 659 points during the 2003-04 season.
Smith was born in 1982 and grew up in DeWitt, Michigan. She played basketball at DeWitt High School, finishing in 2000 with 1,011 career points. In 1999, she led DeWitt on a 25-game win streak and Michigan's Class B semi-finals. She was inducted into the DeWitt High School Hall of Fame in 2008.
University of Michigan
Smith played for the Michigan Wolverines women's basketball team from 2000 to 2004. As a senior during the 2003-04 season, Smith scored 659 points, a total that remains Michigan's single-season scoring record. She led the Big Ten Conference with an average of 21.3 points per game as a senior, an average that ranks second best in Michigan history behind Diane Dietz who averaged 21.6 points per game during the 1981-82 season. She also set the school record for free throws made in a season with 210 during the 2003-04 season. In all four years at Michigan, Smith scored 1,714 points, a total that is second only to Dietz in the program's history. She also ranks second to Dietz in single-game scoring. Smith scored 37 points against Charlotte on December 3, 2003. In 2004 she was honored with the university's M-Zone Award, which recognizes leadership and character, and media voters selected her for the All-Big Ten first team.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "Jennifer Smith". DeWitt High School Hall of Fame. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Payback is on mind of Wolverines' Smith". The Detroit News. February 12, 2004.
- "2012-13 Michigan Women's Basketball ("Michigan Record Book")" (PDF). University of Michigan. p. 6. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- Michigan Record Book, p. 9.
- Michigan Record Book, pp. 6 and 9.
- Michigan Record Book, pp. 2 and 7.
- Michigan Record Book, p. 17.
- "Women's Basketball Player stats". NCAA. Retrieved 26 October 2015.
- "Jennifer Smith Profile". WNBA.com. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Jennifer Smith Player Profile". US Basket. Retrieved July 20, 2013.