Professor Jennifer Widom with workshop participants after training session
|Alma mater||Cornell University(Ph.D., M.S.)
Indiana University Jacobs School of Music(B.S.)
ACM-W Athena Lecturer Award (2015)
National Academy of Engineering Member (2005)
ACM Fellow (2005)
Guggenheim Foundation Fellow (2000)
IBM Almaden Research Center
Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
|Thesis||Trace-Based Network Proof Systems: Expressiveness and Completeness (1987)|
Jennifer Widom is the Frederick Emmons Terman Dean of the Stanford School of Engineering and the Fletcher Jones Professor of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering at Stanford University. She was the chair of the Computer Science Department from 2009 to 2014, and served as a senior associate dean from 2014 to 2016. In February 2017 she was named Dean of the School of Engineering. ACM conferred her with ACM-W Athena Lecturer Award to honor prominent women Computer Scientists for introduction of the fundamental concepts and architectures of active database systems in 2015. This award includes honorarium of $10,000 
Widom has co-authored four academic textbooks, providing students with a beginning and advanced introduction to database systems. These books offer a comprehensive approach, focusing on database design, use, and implementation of applications and management systems. The course materials have been utilized at the junior, senior and graduate levels in Computer Science departments.
In late 2011, Widom launched one of the first Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). It was entitled "Introduction to databases" and had more than 100,000 enrolled students, launching at the same time as two other MOOCs by Stanford University School of Engineering faculty.
- Widom, Jennifer; (with H. Garcia-Molina and J. D. Ullman). Database Systems: The Complete Book, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 2002. ISBN 978-0-13-031995-1
- Widom, Jennifer; (with J. D. Ullman). A First Course in Database Systems, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 1997 and 2002. ISBN 978-0-13-035300-9
- Widom, Jennifer; (with H. Garcia-Molina and J.D. Ullman). Database System Implementation, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 2000. ISBN 978-0-13-040264-6
- Widom, Jennifer; (with S. Ceri). Active Database Systems: Triggers and Rules for Advanced Database Processing, San Francisco: Morgan Kaufmann, 1996. ISBN 978-1-55860-304-2
- "Jennifer Widom's home page".
- "Computer scientist Jennifer Widom named dean of Stanford School of Engineering". Stanford News. Stanford News. 27 February 2017. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "Jennifer Widom elected to the National Academy of Engineering". Archived from the original on 2011-06-11.
- Winslett, M. (September 2006). "Jennifer Widom Speaks Out". ACM SIGMOD Record. New York, NY, USA: The Association for Computing Machinery. 35 (3): 57–65. doi:10.1145/1168092.1168105.
- Fiona M. Hollands; Devayani Tirthali (25 September 2015). MOOCs in Higher Education: Institutional Goals and Paths Forward. Palgrave Macmillan. pp. 26–27. ISBN 978-1-137-52737-0.
- Pethuraja.S (2 May 2015). Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) For Everyone. Pethuraja.S. pp. 3–4. ISBN 978-93-5126-246-6.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jennifer Widom.|
|P ≟ NP||This biographical article relating to a computer scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|