Jenny (TV series)
|Created by||Howard Gewirtz
|Directed by||Andy Ackerman
Leonard R. Garner, Jr.
Heather Paige Kent
|Theme music composer||Brian Tyler|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||17 (7 unaired)|
|Executive producer(s)||Howard Gewirtz
|Producer(s)||Stevie Ray Fromstein
Lori A. Moneymaker
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Mark & Howard Productions
|Distributor||CBS Television Distribution (current)|
|Original release||September 28, 1997– January 12, 1998|
The series starred McCarthy as Jenny McMillan, a Utica convenience store clerk who suddenly inherits a vast fortune from the B movie star father (George Hamilton) she never knew. After her father's funeral, Jenny and her lifelong friend Maggie (Heather Paige Kent) decide to pursue fame in Hollywood.
- Jenny McCarthy Jenny McMillan
- Heather Paige Kent as Maggie Marino
- George Hamilton as Guy McMillan
- Dale Godboldo as Cooper
- Rafer Weigel as Max
- Carolyn Hennesy as Chaunce Gardener
The series, originally scheduled on Sundays opposite the second half of CBS's Top 5 hit Touched by an Angel, Fox's Top 15 hit King of the Hill, and the last half-hour of ABC's Top 40 hit The Wonderful World of Disney, was moved to Monday nights in December 1997 in an attempt to gain more viewers. The move failed to attract more viewers and Jenny was canceled after 10 of the 17 episodes produced were aired. After the first 10 shows aired Paramount Television continued production in anticipation of the series being picked up by UPN, but the show was not picked up by the network. In an episode seen only outside the United States, Guy turned out not to be dead only missing.
|Episode #||Episode Title||Original Airdate|
|1||Pilot||September 28, 1997|
|2||"A Girl's Gotta Pierce"||October 5, 1997|
|3||"A Girl's Gotta Work"||October 12, 1997|
|4||"A Girl's Gotta Spike"||November 2, 1997|
|5||"A Girl's Gotta Live in the Real World"||November 16, 1997|
|6||"A Girl's Gotta Lie"||December 1, 1997|
|7||"A Girl's Gotta Deck The Halls"||December 15, 1997|
|8||"A Girl's Gotta Love a Wedding"||December 22, 1997|
|9||"A Girl's Gotta Merger"||January 5, 1998|
|10||"A Girl's Gotta Get It"||January 12, 1998|
|11||"A Girl's Gotta Hang with a Celebrity"||Never aired|
|12||"A Girl's Gotta Protect Her Assets"||Never aired|
|13||"A Girl's Gotta Make Room for Daddy: Part 1"||Never aired|
|14||"A Girl's Gotta Make Room for Daddy: Part 2"||Never aired|
|15||"A Girl's Gotta Go Vogue"||Never aired|
|16||"A Girl's Gotta Get Ready for Her Close-up"||Never aired|
|17||"A Girl's Gotta Come Through in a Clutch"||Never aired|
- "COVER STORY; Must-See? We'll See.; Can NBC make a sitcom star out of a former centerfold and MTV fantasy figure? She's not exactly your girl next door, but Jenny McCarthy says 'Jenny' is the real her. Really.". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-11-05.
- Richmond, Ray (1997-09-27). "Jenny". variety.com. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- Hontz, Jenny (1997-12-04). "Jenny holds in Mon. slot". variety.com. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows 1946-Present. Ballantine Books. 2003. p. 604. ISBN 0-345-45542-8.