|Full name||Jennifer Louise Gunn|
9 May 1986 |
|Relations||Bryn Gunn (father)|
|Test debut||21 August 2004 v New Zealand|
|Last Test||13 August 2014 v India|
|ODI debut||15 February 2004 v South Africa|
|Last ODI||23 July 2017 v India|
|ODI shirt no.||24|
|T20I debut||5 August 2004 v New Zealand|
|Last T20I||21 November 2017 v Australia|
|Domestic team information|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 23 July 2017
Jennifer Louise "Jenny" Gunn MBE (born 9 May 1986 at Nottingham) is an English cricketer and a member of the current England women's team. A medium-pace bowler and lower-middle-order batsman, she is the daughter of former Nottingham Forest player Bryn Gunn. She plays for Nottinghamshire and Western Australia and made her Test debut at 17 against New Zealand at Scarborough in 2004. She also plays for Ransome & Marles CC, Newark, Nottinghamshire. A late injury forced her out of the Women's World Cup final in Sydney in 2009 but she was at the crease when England defeated New Zealand in the Twenty/20 World Championship final at Lords.
She was vice-captain of the England side that beat Australia in the female version of the Ashes in 2013 and 2013-4. She was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2014 Birthday Honours for services to cricket.
- "No. 60895". The London Gazette (Supplement). 14 June 2014. p. b19.
- Daily Telegraph, page S28, 14 June 2014.
- "England women earn 18 new central contracts". BBC. 20 April 2015. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- England all-rounder moves to Edgbaston from Nottinghamshire
- Live commentary: Final, ICC Women's World Cup at London, Jul 23, ESPNcricinfo, 23 July 2017.
- World Cup Final, BBC Sport, 23 July 2017.
- England v India: Women's World Cup final – live!, The Guardian, 23 July 2017.