||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
15 August 1947 |
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, England
|Spouse(s)||Herbie Clark (1980-1997) (divorced) (2 sons)|
Jenny Hanley (born 15 August 1947 in Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire) is an English actress, the daughter of Dinah Sheridan and Jimmy Hanley. She remains best known for being one of the presenters of the ITV children's magazine programme Magpie.
Television and film career
Film appearances include the James Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, and the Hammer horror film Scars of Dracula. In 1972 she appeared in the 3D film The Flesh and Blood Show.
She has also appeared on television as an actress in such series as Department S, The Persuaders!, The Adventurer, Softly, Softly: Taskforce, Warship, Man About the House and Return of the Saint. Hanley appeared on Magpie from 1974 to 1980.
Regular radio shows as a presenter include BBC Radio Berkshire and Radio SAGA where she worked in a studio next to David Hamilton. As well as playing music, she interviewed guests.
Her grandmother was a photographer who, as Studio Lisa, had privileged access to the royal family, photographing both Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret in relaxed, family poses and the next generation, Prince Charles, Princess Anne and Prince Edward in informal shots. She also helped to launch the career of a male model who later became an actor, Roger Moore.
Her brother, Sir Jeremy Hanley, had a career as an accountant and later became a Conservative Party MP.
- Joanna (1968) - Married Woman (uncredited)
- On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969) - The Irish girl
- Scars of Dracula (1970) - Sarah
- The Ballad of Tam-Lin (1970) - Caroline
- The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes (1970) - Prostitute
- Danny Jones (1972) - Sue
- The Flesh and Blood Show (1972) - Julia Dawson
- Soft Beds, Hard Battles (1974) - Michelle
- Percy's Progress (1974) - Miss Teenage Lust
- Alfie Darling (1975) - Receptionist
- "Dinah Sheridan Biography". dinahsheridan.co.uk. 2014. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- Robertson, Peter. "TV star Jenny Hanley feels lucky to be alive after a series of mini-strokes". express.co.uk. express.co.uk. Retrieved 27 July 2015.